Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: lams cache

You may request notification for lams cache.
Search: 

1: lams cache
06/17/10 09:09 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
hi, i have a lams installation that works great

when i try to update a group name all works fine

but i have a script that autoupdate groups name from lams_organisation table but users only see the new name or description after i logon as admin and clean cache on the options menu, can i do this manually

my script to update groups is great do automatically add some notes do all groups existing on my lams, like changing the course name to "MAth (updated)" or "MAth (no class next Friday 13th)"

any help would be great, thanks
marco

one of this folder has the answer :)
* jboss-4.0.2/server/default/tmp
* jboss-4.0.2/server/default/work

Posted by Marco Ramos

2: Re: lams cache
In response to 1 06/18/10 07:42 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Marco,

I gather you are doing the changes directly on the DB?

LAMS uses the cache so it doesn't have to fetch this information every single time (so improves performance).

If your script is only mean to run once or every once in a blue moon, perhaps you are better off doing the clear cache from the sysadmin menu yourself.

However, if you run this script very often, you are better off turning off the cache. However that will affect the performance.

About theboss-4.0.2/server/default/tmp and jboss-4.0.2/server/default/work directories, they contain the cache information but also a whole bunch of other temporary objects used by jboss so if you delete them while jboss is running this might lead to some erratic behaviours. So my suggestion would be to flush the cache from the sysadmin menu instead.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum