Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Problem with LDAP and LAMS 2.3.5

You may request notification for Problem with LDAP and LAMS 2.3.5.
Search: 

1: Problem with LDAP and LAMS 2.3.5
03/01/11 01:38 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello everyone,

I have recently installed LAMS 2.3.5 and I am fairly new with it so I would love some help.
I am trying to connect LAMS with the LDAP server of my organization (it is a LOTUS DOMINO 7 server) and I have the following problem:

While I am setting up properly LDAP from the 'Edit Configuration Details' (I made a bulk import and it successfully imported all the users) while i have added to the users MQ-LDAP login, when I am login with a user from the LDAP this user logs with any password. I haven't added anywhere for anonymous login and I haven't set Bind user name and password (I thought at the start that this may have provided with anonymous login for any user but it doesn't)

Does anyone has any idea on what may be the problem?

Thanks

Posted by Ioannis Calemis

2: Re: Problem with LDAP and LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 1 03/01/11 09:28 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ioannis,

I don't think there's an anonymous login option in LAMS. Really I can't think of how LDAP users are login anonymously. LAMS checks with LDAP for authentication.

Have you had a look at this page:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lamsdocs/LDAP+Configuration

Thanks

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Problem with LDAP and LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 2 03/02/11 12:32 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Yes I had a thorough look at this page and I have played with each configuration parameter, however the problem persists

4: Re: Re: Re: Problem with LDAP and LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 3 03/02/11 01:15 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ok problem solved... I "played" with various strings on the Search filter and worked perfectly with (|(cn={0})(uid={0}))

5: Re: Problem with LDAP and LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 1 03/07/11 04:24 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Just for the record, LAMS 2.3.4 (and previous versions) had problems when synchronising with LDAP. Specifically when users were meant to be put inside courses. There was a bug that was preventing users to be allocated into courses.

So if you are using LDAP, please upgrade to LAMS 2.3.5

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum