Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: dyad function

You may request notification for dyad function.
Search: 

1: dyad function
03/21/11 04:30 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello,
I have constructed a LAMS Sequence with 3 phases:
a) 1st phase, 2 participants work together in dyad
b) 2nd phase, each participant works individually using a branch activity.
c) 3rd phase, the same 2 participants work together.

My problem is, how the 2 participants, who work together in 1st phase, will work individually in 2nd phase without monitor to need to correspond each participant to a different part of branch. This is problem, because i have 20 students, and now i need to write in a piece of paper all teams and their participants, and then manually correspond members in the branch i want. I want LAMS environment to has the ability for each team to random correspond 1st participant to one part of branch and the other participant to the other part. Is there a way to do somethin like that?
Regards
George

Posted by Giorgos Paschalis

2: Re: dyad function
In response to 1 03/23/11 11:10 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Giorgios,

You present a tricky problem, and unfortunately I can't give you a completely automatic solution.

What I can suggest however, is that you first split your learners into groups of two, then have each member from each pair manually select a group different to their partner. Of course, they will have to decide between them which group to choose.

I've attached a screenshot of what I am describing…
[http://d.pr/KYUT]

and you can download this sequence from…
[http://d.pr/hGdT]

Posted by Jeremy Page

Attachments:
3: Re: Re: dyad function
In response to 2 03/24/11 12:02 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

If we want the first member of each group to belong to Big Group A later and the second member (of each Dyad) to belong to Big Group B later is there a automate solution?

We maybe have to do more for groups in the future!

Thanks

Spyros

Posted by Spyros Papadakis

4: Re: Re: Re: dyad function
In response to 3 03/27/11 08:15 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Yes Spyros... we need to do some more work with groups.

Automatic allocation of students into groups based on a previous group is something that will definitely do. Hopefully in the near future.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum