Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: New Users in groups - No Lessons - Errors

You may request notification for New Users in groups - No Lessons - Errors.
Search: 

1: New Users in groups - No Lessons - Errors
02/06/12 10:41 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

I use the LDAP sync to add users and put them in the appropriate groups in version 2.3.5. We currently have roughly 1700 users, split into 20 or so groups.

I the past week I have had three reports of a user logging in and having no lessons. They get errors on the page. The first error occurs after the user enters credentials, but before the group appears. Line: 117
Error: Exception thrown and not caught. The second occurs when the group is clicked, this is a null reference message.

So I ask, is there an issue or specific procedure for adding users to groups after lessons have been assigned?

I have tried deleting the users and re-syncing. No help. Any guidance here would be appreciated.

Posted by Dan Coffey

2: Re: New Users in groups - No Lessons - Errors
In response to 1 02/06/12 10:49 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Just a little more information on this issue.

I have 81 users in the group. of this, 10 are monitors, 1 author, 2 group managers and 1 group administrator.

I manually added a user to the group (not via ldap) with the same results.

I have restarted the LAMS service.

Help!

Posted by Dan Coffey

3: Re: New Users in groups - No Lessons - Errors
In response to 1 02/06/12 01:11 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
OK, so it appears that if a user is added to a group after the lesson is created that the monitor must add the user to each lesson individually withing the group.

That is a bummer for us. I hoped that an option might be available to add new users to existing lessons in the group, but I have not found one. So that leads me to ask a question. How would one programmatically add new users to all lessons within the users assigned group? What table or tables handle this?

Posted by Dan Coffey

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum