Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Startup problems on RHEL3

You may request notification for Startup problems on RHEL3.
Search: 

1: Startup problems on RHEL3
02/14/06 11:01 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi folks,

I'm trying to get lams server 1.0.2 running on an RHEL3 box. I have a few questions...

1. I'm using MySQL 3.23.58 (easier for me than 4.x as it comes in an RPM from Redhat, and we already have it installed). I had to edit the build.xml file and remove the revoking of the SUPER privilege in the prepare_db target, as the SUPER privilege doesn't exist in MySQL 3.x. I'm wondering whether I really need MySQL 4.x - can anyone tell me? I don't know enough about MySQL 4.x to know whether there would be features in 4.x that aren't in 3.x that lams would need.

2. Does anyone have an init.d-style startup script for lams? When I execute the run.sh script, it spews forth a lot of stuff to stdout.

3. When cd to the lams installation directory and execute run.sh ('./run.sh &'), the resultant text to stdout/stderr seems to indicate some problems, such as:
* lots of 'INFO [ReflectHelper] reflection optimizer disabled for: (whatever)';
Then this:
15:42:20,557 ERROR [Digester] Parse Error at line 3 column -1: Element type "tiles-definitions" is not declared.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "tiles-definitions" is not declared.
(followed by lots of java stuff)
, and a lot more similar 'element not declared' type errors.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance,
Guido.

Posted by Guy Waugh

2: Re: Startup problems on RHEL3
In response to 1 02/14/06 11:57 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
1. not too sure, but i suspect it should work fine.
2. there's an init.d script in the config folder of the lams-server1.0.2 folder, with accompanying lams.conf file. works with RHEL3.
3. The tiles-definitions output is explained in this thread: http://www.lamscommunity.org/dotlrn/clubs/technicalcommunity/forums/message-view?message%5fid=85765

welcome to the forums!

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Re: Startup problems on RHEL3
In response to 2 02/15/06 11:10 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Great, thanks for that... found the init.d script and will ignore errors.

Cheers,
G.

Posted by Guy Waugh

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum