Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Invalid direct reference to form login page

You may request notification for Invalid direct reference to form login page.
Search: 

1: Invalid direct reference to form login page
07/03/06 02:09 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
We just changed servers so we had to reinstall LAMS again together with a new installation of Moodle.

When I click on 'Open LAMS Learner', I get the following error message:

-----------------------------------------------------------
HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page

type Status report

message Invalid direct reference to form login page

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Invalid direct reference to form login page).
Apache Tomcat/4.1.24-LE-jdk14
------------------------------------------------------------

Can anybody tell us what we've done wrong?

Josep M.

Posted by Josep M. Fontana

2: Re: Invalid direct reference to form login page
In response to 1 07/03/06 07:27 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Are you using an older build? LAMS 1.0.2-20051019 had this error with integrations, you can check your version in the bottom right hand corner of the index page after you login.

The file in particular that changed after this version is $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib/lams-valve.jar, the old version has a byte size of 3307, while the updated version has a size of 3385.

You may also get this error if you manually enter a j_security_check URL into the browser (something like lamsserver.com/lams/j_security_check).

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

4: Re: Re: Invalid direct reference to form login page
In response to 2 07/04/06 12:53 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I'm using LAMS from within Moodle and I cannot see the version number, although I assume it is an old one because I think our administrator has used the same file she downloaded to install LAMS in our old server.

Josep M.

Posted by Josep M. Fontana

3: Re: Invalid direct reference to form login page
In response to 1 07/04/06 02:21 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I also see this problem on a brand new LAMS install, though integrated with Blackboard. LAMS, 1.0.2 Build 20060424. Seems to effect sequences opened in a frame, if I open in a new window first, it works.

Posted by Danny Thomas

5: Re: Invalid direct reference to form login page
In response to 1 07/04/06 07:04 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Josep and Danny,

Another reason you might be getting a 400 error is if your browser is blocking 3rd party cookies. In this case LAMS is the 3rd party cookie when you're using it via Blackboard/Moodle.

In Firefox, blocking 3rd party cookies isn't enabled by default (you have to actively check the box 'for the originating site only' in the cookies options), but the default setting in IE blocks some, so try changing the setting or specifically allow your LAMS server's cookies through by adding it's domain to the list of allowable cookies and see if you still have the problem.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

6: Re: Re: Invalid direct reference to form login page
In response to 5 07/04/06 07:44 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
That did it! Appreciate the speedy reply.

Posted by Danny Thomas

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum