Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Authoring problem with Share Resources and Noticeboard

You may request notification for Authoring problem with Share Resources and Noticeboard.
Search: 

1: Authoring problem with Share Resources and Noticeboard
09/21/06 09:52 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
When I double click on either icon (or the Share Resources & Forum) icon I get the attached error.

Best,

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

Attachments:
2: Re: Authoring problem with Share Resources and Noticeboard
In response to 1 09/21/06 03:41 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ken, can we get a screenshot instead?

Or even better can you post the last bit of the log right after this occur?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Authoring problem with Share Resources and Noticeboard
In response to 1 09/21/06 06:03 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ken,

Sounds like you got only half the recent updates to support uploading of files in the FCKEditor.

Don't worry about the screenshot - I can work out the error message.

If you could zip up the system.log and lams.log and attach that, it would be good. Stop LAMS, delete the system.log and the lams.log that is in the jboss server\default\log diretory and then start LAMS. Get the error then zip up the two files - don't worry about trying to find the right bit.

Can you also check the version of the authoring.jsp file.

Can you also zip up your copy of the lams_tool_larsrc project, preferably with the build directory deleted! I'll see if I can work out which version of the code you have and see if getting a new copy of the code would help.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

4: Re: Re: Authoring problem with Share Resources and Noticeboard
In response to 3 09/22/06 02:04 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Here are all the files you should need.

The authoring.jsp in part of the lams_tool_larsrc folder or did you mean something else?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

Attachments:
5: Re: Re: Re: Authoring problem with Share Resources and Noticeboard
In response to 4 09/22/06 07:38 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ken,

I've looked at the code but I can't spot anything obvious. I was hoping that it would be something in authoring.jsp or AuthoringAction.java but the changes (comparing your copy to the most current copy) wouldn't explain this error.

So it has me a little stumped.

Once we have RC1 ready, we might try getting you to check out again and see if the issue fixes itself. Based on other discussions we've had, I'm hoping that won't inconvenience you to much!

I will look at the other issues you have raised and get them into our JIRA system for the guys to look at.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Authoring problem with Share Resources and Noticeboard
In response to 5 09/22/06 08:07 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I went to go to sleep and I had a thought.

Its a long shot but it might be worth a try.

I think the error authoring.jsp seems to be out of sync with the AuthoringButton.tag file (both of these files are in the lams_tool_larsrc project.

But when I look at the source files, they seem to be in sync.

You could try:

* Shutdown JBoss. Delete server/default/tmp and server/default/work.  Start JBoss and retry it. JBoss could have cached the .tag file and not be clearing it out properly - we have encountered problems like this before but it is normally jsp files that get "stuck", not tag files.

* If that doesn't work then shutdown JBoss. Find the authoring.jsp file in the lams_tool_larsrc project (it will be in one of the directories under web) and change

<lams:AuthoringButton formID="authoringForm" clearSessionActionUrl="/clearsession.do"
    toolSignature="<%=ResourceConstants.TOOL_SIGNATURE%>" toolContentID="${formBean.resource.contentId}"
     customiseSessionID="${formBean.sessionMapID}"
     contentFolderID="${formBean.contentFolderID}" />

to

<lams:AuthoringButton formID="authoringForm" clearSessionActionUrl="/clearsession.do"
    toolSignature="<%=ResourceConstants.TOOL_SIGNATURE%>" toolContentID="${formBean.resource.contentId}"
     customiseSessionID="${formBean.sessionMapID}" />

ie get rid of the contentFolderID. Then you need to run the ant build for the lams_tool_larsrc only and do the ant "deploy-war". You don't need to completely rebuild LAMS.

Then restart JBoss.  Hopefully you will now be able to open the shared resources authoring screen. If you have to change the authoring.jsp then the save and cancel buttons won't work (which I why I suggest trying to clear out the directories in JBoss first). But hopefully at least you will get the screen up and be able to see the data.

Fingers crossed, one of these two will do it.

Now, back to sleep.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Authoring problem with Share Resources and Noticeboard
In response to 6 09/22/06 08:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
First suggestion worked! Deleting those JBOSS files fixed the problem.

Thanks.

Best,

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum