Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Error importing into one server but not another

You may request notification for Error importing into one server but not another.
Search: 

1: Error importing into one server but not another
10/09/06 11:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi.

When I import the attached on this machine I get:

Import tool content
Learning design import failed
The reason is [null id in entry (don't flush the Session after an exception occurs)]

and yet I built this version of LAMS from the identical source code from the other machine where it imports just fine.

Note that this learning design uses my home-grown LAMS tool.

Posted by Ken Kahn

2: Re: Error importing into one server but not another
In response to 1 10/09/06 11:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Here's the attachment.

Best,

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

Attachments:
3: Re: Re: Error importing into one server but not another
In response to 2 10/10/06 01:38 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ken,

I'm not sure I can give you an answer on this one.

When you get that error, the real error is usually a little way back up the log. Its one of those unfortunate errors where the one the user gets is a side effect of the problem, not the real problem.

Any chance you could try doing it again and posting the lams.log and system.log?

I've tried importing the sequence myself, and found that our importer doesn't cope with an entry for a tool that isn't installed in LAMS. I've raised this as an issue (https://bugs.lamsfoundation.org/browse/LDEV-848) and this should be attended to in the next few days.

I could install the behaviour composer tool, but the importer needs to be fixed so that it will cope with a "missing" tool.

Once we have it skipping any activities for uninstalled tools, then we will have a look at it to see if we can find another bug.

Fiona

ps I assume you did double check that you had the tool installed on the problem LAMS server?

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

4: Re: Re: Re: Error importing into one server but not another
In response to 3 10/11/06 02:32 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi. Thanks.

It seems to be reproducable. Attached are the server.log and lams.log from JBOSS. Couldn't find a system.log.

After recreating the problem I dragged out a BehaviourComposer icon and double clicked on it just to be sure that much was working on this machine.

Posted by Ken Kahn

Attachments:
5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error importing into one server but not another
In response to 4 10/14/06 06:09 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ken,

I've had a look at the logs. server.log was the one I meant - there isn't a system.log.

Usually the exception you are seeing only occurs when another error has happened, but I cannot see any other error in the logs. Grrrr.

I have imported your design with the behaviour composer tool and it loaded okay (skipping the behaviour composer activities, naturally).

I then loaded up the copy of the behaviour composer tool that I have from a few weeks back, and it seems to loaded up okay. See the attached screenshot.

So I'm a bit stumped on this one.

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Attachments:
6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error importing into one server but not another
In response to 5 10/17/06 01:37 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi.

Thanks.

Since it also works fine on one of my machines maybe I did something wrong when I re-built it on the machine that is having this error. I'll try re-building it and see if the problem goes away.

Best,

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error importing into one server but not another
In response to 6 11/30/06 08:43 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I did just rebuild LAMS with my tool on the machine that was failing to import before and it seems to be working fine now.

But while testing on the machine that normally is fine I imported a 1.02 las file and it said the import succeeded but I ended up with an empty model. I tried again and no luck. I restarted JBOSS and it worked fine.

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

Attachments:
8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error importing into one server but not another
In response to 7 11/30/06 08:34 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ken,

Not sure what I can do about this one.

Any old 2.0 export files that have the behaviour composer won't work as the XML file contains the class name, and with starting again from the share resources tool the combined package/class names have changed. So anything you export now and then import should work.

I can see entries in the attached lams.log.zip that have exactly that problem.

As for the 1.0.2 las file showing an empty model but then working after you restart jboss is weird. I can see the import entries for the 1.0.2 design, and I was able to pull out the import file details and try it myself and the file imported fine. I couldn't see any errors in the log for the 1.0.2 import problem.

If this happens again i.e. it says succeeded but there is an empty page, could you try doing Open and see if the design is in your personal folder, and try opening it there?

Could you also check your Flash version - apparently there are some odd errors in authoring if you are running Flash 9,0,16,0. If you are running 9,0,16,0, please upgrade to the newest version of Flash. If you are running Flash 8 then that's fine. It is just that particular Flash 9 version that gives us problems.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error importing into one server but not another
In response to 8 12/01/06 10:05 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi.

I guessed it would be the case that old 2.0 export files wouldn't load but this was a brand new one. And it did load OK after I restarted JBOSS.

I was running Flash 9.0.16.0 and just updated it - thanks.

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum