Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: LAMS and Moodle 1.53

You may request notification for LAMS and Moodle 1.53.
Search: 

1: LAMS and Moodle 1.53
11/08/06 10:28 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I'm trying to install the LAMS module in moodle 1.53. It creates the table in the db, but then all I get is a blank screen. Can someone lead me in the right direction on how to see where the problem is occurring. This is really urgent so any help would be great!

The version I got from Lamsfoundation (I believe) is

Thanks

Posted by Lori Bakken

2: Re: LAMS and Moodle 1.53
In response to 1 11/08/06 10:57 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ok I've narrowed it down to the nusoap require on the lib.php.

Anyone?

Posted by Lori Bakken

3: Re: Re: LAMS and Moodle 1.53
In response to 2 11/08/06 11:01 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
HI Lori,

Have you try with this?

Thanks,

ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

4: Re: Re: Re: LAMS and Moodle 1.53
In response to 3 11/08/06 11:30 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I have commented this line out. However, when I do, when I try to create a LAMS activity, I'm getting a soap error:

From Apache:
Uncaught SoapFault exception [client] SoapClient::__construct() - ... invalid parameters in lams/lib 147 - .. list.php .. really long error.

I have it working fine in Moodle 1.6, however we won't be upgrading until Jan and they need it working in 1.53

Posted by Lori Bakken

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS and Moodle 1.53
In response to 4 11/08/06 06:30 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> I'm trying to install the LAMS module in moodle 1.53. It creates the table in the db, but then all I get is a blank screen.

When does the blank screen occur? During setup, when trying to create an activity, when trying to open a LAMS screen (author/learner/monitor)?

Try replacing the mod/lams directory in your 1.5 moodle with the mod/lams directory from your working 1.6 moodle.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS and Moodle 1.53
In response to 4 11/08/06 06:31 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
If you do replace the lams module, remember to replace the other files associated with it as well, as noted in the install instructions here - http://lamsfoundation.org/integration/moodle/moodle-code/readme.txt

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

7: : Re: LAMS and Moodle 1.53
In response to 6 11/09/06 09:57 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I did try and use 1.6 module in 1.5, but it says I must have moodle version ?? or higher. So can't do that.

I would get the blank screen on moodle/admin

It has to do with soap. I can comment it out, but I receive soap errors when trying to create a lams activity.

Posted by Lori Bakken

8: Re: : Re: LAMS and Moodle 1.53
In response to 7 11/09/06 06:32 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
You can try using the nusoap library from moodle 1.6.

1. From moodle 1.6, copy moodle/lib/soap/nusoap.php to your moodle 1.5 directory moodle/lib/nusoap/nusoap.php (rename the existing nusoap library in there first).
2. Then in moodle/mod/lams/lib.php, do a search for 'soapclient' and change the text to insert an underscore, as 'soap_client'.

When you reach the 'create a lams activity' screen, can you click 'create new sequence' and get the LAMS author window? Doing this doesn't rely on soap.

Not sure why you get a blank screen instead of the normal 'tables have been created successfully' message.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum