Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: where to report bugs? subgroup woes....

You may request notification for where to report bugs? subgroup woes.....
Search: 

1: where to report bugs? subgroup woes....
02/07/07 01:40 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
2 problems
------------------------------
first one is cosmetic but noticable.

I created a bunch of subgroups (name, code) in this order
team 1 T1
team 2 T2
team 9 T9
team 10 T10

however, they are displayed on the My Groups section as
team 2
team 9
team 5
team 7
team 1
team 3
team 8
team 6
team 4
team 10

it's not ordered by name, code nor data entry order, and the order changes on page refresh.

---------------------------------

second issue is after creating subgroups, they can't be edited (eg: "subgroup name") with the same profile/permissions that created them.

"OrganisationAction: You are not authorised to do this"

the problem is that if "Group Admin" is not set for a user within
"Manage Groups : Manage Global Roles : Assign Roles"
there is enough permissions to create a subgroup but not edit it.

the downside of this is that setting global (i.e: system wide) Group Admin permissions for a user will allow the user to edit other people's groups, just so they can edit their own. Not an ideal situation ...
--------------------------------

any thoughts?

thanx

Posted by barry beattie

2: Re: where to report bugs? subgroup woes....
In response to 1 02/07/07 01:47 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Where to report bugs? Here.

Generally if you post here and it looks like a bug rather than a usage issue, someone in our development group will test it and once confirmed, raise it is a bug.

Order of groups - I thought we had something consistent based on data entry order but obviously not.

Being able to create a subgroup but not edit it. Sounds like a shortcoming in the permissions granted to the user who creates the subgroup.

I'll get these tested tomorrow.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

3: Re: Re: where to report bugs? subgroup woes....
In response to 2 02/07/07 06:43 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Nice find! I've fixed the subgroup (and group) ordering on the index page, it sorts alphabetically now. https://bugs.lamsfoundation.org/browse/LDEV-1141

The subgroup editing is trickier though. You're right that only sysadmins and global group admins can edit them. It's also true that a group admin being able to create a subgroup but not edit it is weird.

The same goes for groups. Group admins can't edit their group, because in there, there are checkboxes for enabling/disabling what group admins can do - hence, don't give group admins access to it!

I guess the answer is not to block group admins from the edit screen full stop, but just block them from those 'group admin checkboxes' if you know what I mean.

Just thinking out loud here. Does this sound right to you Fiona?

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum