Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Author preview

You may request notification for Author preview.
Search: 

1: Author preview
03/08/07 10:01 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
After much trial and error I got a LAMS 2.0 running on unix using the experimental installer. I have the following problem:

None of the things I create in the authoring tool seem to work. Or atleast when I press the preview button it seems to be displaying 'The next task is loading. Please wait....' like forever.

It seems to do this for everything. Notebook, Noticeboard, Chat, etc... I configured Jboss to also display DEBUG information but nothing helpfull comes up. No errors in the lams.log either.

Does any one know this issue why preview displays nothing or keeps giving 'The next task is loading. Please wait....'?

I also have a problem that sometimes when I edit or do something in LAMS and try and save it, I get redirected to the login page and when I login again, it says my changes are saved. Any one know why I get kicked out to the login page?

I also got a Moodle connection working but after I start a sequence I just created in Moodle, and try the LAMS Monitor or Learner link in Moodle it starts a popup but displays nothing. Only a sheep logo.

Maybe this is related to the Author 'The next task is loading. Please wait....' problem.

Posted by Boy de Wit

2: Re: Author preview
In response to 1 03/08/07 05:52 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The problems with preview sound like Flash isn't able to talk to the server properly.

What version of the Flash client are you running on the client computer? Is the client running Windows, Mac or Linux?

The first thing we check is the setting for the server URL being wrong. If you log in as sysadmin, go to the System Admin menu and select "Edit Configuration Settings".

Then check the entry for ServerURL. What do you have as the address? It needs to be EXACTLY as you are typing into the browser on your client PC.

If this is wrong, it may also be why you are being redirected back to the login page.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum