Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: LAMS / Moodle Integration Issue (on two different servers)

You may request notification for LAMS / Moodle Integration Issue (on two different servers).
Search: 

1: LAMS / Moodle Integration Issue (on two different servers)
09/20/07 03:28 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi all,

I know this is a very common issue and I have read other posts to try to figure out the issue, but I'm still having problems integrating LAMS and Moodle on two different servers.

I have LAMS on a server running on port 8080 and Moodle on another running on 80. Both are running on IIS. Moodle is using LDAP.

Both are working perfectly independently, but I'm getting a 502 ('Login Failed - failed to fetch user info from the third party server').

I've checked the Integrated server settings in LAMS versus those in Moodle and they are identical (I can post these if req'd). What is frustrating is that I have had integration working on the same server in the past, but never on two different servers...

Is the problem the fact that one is on 8080 and the other on 80? Do I need to change the location of LAMS to 80?

If I try to create add a new Moodle LAMS activity, I get the following error:

soapenv:Server.userException: java.rmi.RemoteException: Fail to fetch user data from external server:blahblah - Unexpected return HTTP Status:401; nested exception is: org.lamsfoundation.lams.integration.UserInfoFetchException: Fail to fetch user data from external server:blahblah - Unexpected return HTTP Status:401

I know this issue will sound like a stuck record, but does anyone have any ideas?

Muchos gracias/Diolch yn fawr/Many thanks,

Kris

Posted by Kristian Besley

2: Re: LAMS / Moodle Integration Issue (on two different servers)
In response to 1 09/20/07 11:05 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Running on port 8080 shouldn't be a problem, unless you have a firewall that doesn't allow 8080. Also, changing jboss to run on port 80 may interfere with IIS if it's also running on port 80 (unless you're using mod_jk).

Have you checked your IIS error log? I haven't run Moodle on IIS, but on Apache there is sometimes something interesting in the error log...

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum