Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Moodle integration: Uninstalling LAMS 1 activity breaks LAMS v2 activitymoo

You may request notification for Moodle integration: Uninstalling LAMS 1 activity breaks LAMS v2 activitymoo.
Search: 

1: Moodle integration: Uninstalling LAMS 1 activity breaks LAMS v2 activitymoo
12/28/07 08:55 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I uninstalled the LAMS 1 activity on a site and the LAMS 2 activity started displaying error messages such as
"could not find the instance of this module."
whenever one tries to view, edit or delete a lams v2 activity from a course.

Luckily in this case there was no active LAMS v2 activities so I deleted the LAMS v2 activity then visitied moodle/admin to reinstalls LAMS v2 and that worked.

I removed the LAMS 1 activity to get rid of the lams course format. This may not be necessary, I found it is also possible to just remove entries from course/formats directory.

Anyway, there isn't any clear documentation on this on how to update a existing Moodle site that has LAMS 1 with the LAMS v2 activity. Are there any known issues that would cause the errors I saw? As far as I can tell LAMS v2 uses specific database tables that would not be removed by deleting LAMS 1 activity.

Posted by Dave Bauer

2: Re: Moodle integration: Uninstalling LAMS 1 activity breaks LAMS v2 activitymoo
In response to 1 12/28/07 05:41 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The two modules (LAMS 1 and LAMS 2) should be completely separate but maybe there is something lurking somewhere.... They have separate tables.

We usually recommend people disable the LAMS 1 module in the admin. Then teachers/lecturers/etc won't get it in their drop down menu.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum