Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Problems with HTML editor

You may request notification for Problems with HTML editor.
Search: 

1: Problems with HTML editor
02/01/08 01:31 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

After the initial problems we had with our integration of LAMS and Moodle (solved with Ernie's help), I'm now starting to create my first sequences and I'm encountering the following problem.

When I click on the Noticeboard and the window opens, I can introduce text in the Title section. However, when I try to enter text in the window for the HTML editor (labelled 'Content') I can't do it. At first I thought it was a problem with my keyboard but then I noted that I could go back to the title section and edit it without any problem.

Has anybody encountered this problem before? I'm totally stumped.

Josep M.

Posted by Josep M. Fontana

2: Re: Problems with HTML editor
In response to 1 02/01/08 01:35 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I just wanted to add that I managed to solve my problem (sort of) by clicking on 'save' without any added content and then clicking on 'Re-edit'. The second time it opens, you can add content with the HTML editor. This is a bug, isn't it? I've tried it a couple of times with some other activities I've created for testing purposes and the problem reproduces itself.

3: Re: Re: Problems with HTML editor
In response to 2 02/02/08 03:39 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Josep,

That's really odd. I just tried with your server using firefox and couldn't reproduced this problem.

What browser are you using?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

4: Re: Re: Re: Problems with HTML editor
In response to 3 02/02/08 04:14 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I was using Firefox. But actually it appears that the problem was in fact a Firefox problem rather than a problem with LAMS.

All day yesterday I kept on having the same problem, which eventually I managed to circumvent by saving and re-editing. After I clicked 're-edit' I could always use the editor with no problem. Today, however, everything was fine and I didn't need to save and re-edit to be able to use the editor. I suppose after having restarted my computer whatever was in memory and was causing the problem went away.

Thanks. Now I only need to solve the 'grouping' problem and I think I can get a nice sequence going.

Josep M.

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum