Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Intergration - Add single file issue

You may request notification for Intergration - Add single file issue .
Search: 

1: Intergration - Add single file issue
05/26/08 07:33 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I have built an integrated moodle1.9 and lams on a windows2003 server. The lesson is created OK. Students are able to login through Moodle and begin the lesson. When they then go to load a pdf file through s shared resource (add single file) adobe comes back with a corrupt file error message.

If I am logged in as the teacher it appears to still load OK.

Colin Stead
Penrith High School

Posted by colin stead

2: Re: Intergration - Add single file issue
In response to 1 05/26/08 05:48 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Colin,

Which version of LAMS are you using? The version number is on the login page.

We did have a problem with the security on some files in Share Resources in LAMS 2.0. Can I get you to check that it isn't the same error?
Screendump of error message.

If it is this problem, then it was fixed in LAMS 2.0.1. If you can't upgrade to a newer version of LAMS, there is a temporary for the problem but its a bit technical.

If it is a different error, could you attach a screendump of the error? Or give us the exact text.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

3: Re: Re: Intergration - Add single file issue
In response to 2 05/28/08 07:47 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The version is 2.0.4 and I think it might be related to the size of the file. The file is a 9.4meg pdf, but their are three other smaller pdf file which combined would take the lesson over 10meg of just under.

I remember reading 10meg was the largest size a file could be.

It does not explain thorugh why some student could see the lesson but other could not.

When I removed the 9.5meg pdf, and made it a link it appeared to become stable.

Can you find out if this is an issue and could we get a lesson size warning placed in the system to tell the teacher their lesson it to big.

Colin

Posted by colin stead

4: Re: Re: Re: Intergration - Add single file issue
In response to 3 05/28/08 06:28 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Colin,

Thanks for the extra information. We will look into it.

The 10 MB limit should only be applying when the files are uploaded (as an attempt to stop students accidentally uploading 100MB files!). It certainly shouldn't be a case of a "combined" size causing problems.

But like any software I can't guarantee we haven't got a bug here! It could be some side effect of how the webserver handles files or something like that that we have never encountered.

Would it be possible for you to export the learning design from authoring (with all the big files) and email it to me? My email address is fmalikoff@melcoe.mq.edu.au. I will treat it as confidential and only share it with our development team if you are concerned about privacy.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Intergration - Add single file issue
In response to 4 05/28/08 06:36 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Oops - forgot one thing. Could you also grab the log files off your LAMS server and send them. If you could make the problem happen again (ie get one of the learner to try accessing the file and getting the error) then zip up the log files for yesterday and today.

* server.log
* hibernatelams.log and maybe hibernatelams.log.<some number>
* lams.log and maybe lams.log.<some number>
* localhost_access_log.<today's date>.log

These files are in <jboss>/server/default/log

If the logs are too full to fit a whole day's worth of details in the log, then it appends an extra number on the end. So you probably want to sort by date to find the most recent logs.

If you aren't worried about confidentiality, you can attach the logs and the learning design to the forum here. If it is confidential stuff, then email it to me!

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum