Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: lams_flash compiling problem

You may request notification for lams_flash compiling problem.
Search: 

1: lams_flash compiling problem
06/29/08 11:19 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I've been trying to make a little change in the lams_monitoring part, but I'm stuck in the part where I have to work with the flash thing, when I press ctrl+enter in the lams_monitoring_main.fla using macromedia flash 8 the error window comes up with 341 errors. why is that? and what can I do to work that out?

Posted by Luis Felipe Alvarez

2: Re: lams_flash compiling problem
In response to 1 07/01/08 01:31 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I've never looked at the LAMS Flash files, but it sounds like you need to specify a classpath to the LAMS class files (it should be already, but hmmmm). If you don't already know how to do this it is in File>Publish Settings>Flash Tab>Settings (alongside 'ActionScript Version') for an individual Flash document (I'm using Flash 9, but it should be in the same place).

In there, click on the Target button and select the com folder which should be in the LAMS source downloads. If there is already an entry here, then it is already set.

Failing that, it could be something else obv. But this would be your first check.

It might obv help to post some of the compile errors as this would give an obvious indication of where the problem lies.

Kris

Posted by Kristian Besley

3: Re: Re: lams_flash compiling problem
In response to 2 07/01/08 11:37 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
yayy thanks it helps a lot, there where actually two lines in there, but there were :-D:\LAMS_HEAD\lams_flash\src\central\flash and the other was D:\LAMS_HEAD\lams_flash\src\common\flash so I had to change the LAMS_HEAD directory to the one that would work for me, but I still get errors but they are almost the same error it says :
**Error** D:\lams_flash1\src\common\flash\org\lamsfoundation\lams\common\ApplicationParent.as: Line 28: The class 'org.lamsfoundation.lams.common.ui.Dialog' cannot be imported because its leaf name is already being resolved to imported class 'org.lamsfoundation.lams.common.Dialog'.

wich I think it means that there is a conflict between the Dialog class found in lams_flash/src/common/flash/org/lamsfoundation/lams/common/ and the one found in lams_flash/src/common/flash/org/lamsfoundation/lams/common/ui
they both are different between them.
does anyone know why is this?

4: Re: Re: Re: lams_flash compiling problem
In response to 3 07/01/08 06:08 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Luis,

Making changes to the monitor module requires you to publish and deploy two separate .fla files:

lams_monitoring_v1.fla
lams_monitoring_main.fla

The lams_monitoring_v1.fla contains the library components used in monitoring, so it's best that you publish it before lams_monitoring_main.fla such that the main module can refer to these components.

Kristian was spot on about the need to adjust the classpath to suit your setup, however it needs to be done for both .fla files. My guess is that the conflict is occurring because it was only done for one, but not both files.

Let me know if this helps,

Daniel

Posted by Daniel Carlier

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: lams_flash compiling problem
In response to 4 07/01/08 06:59 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Luis,

I noticed you mentioned that you are using Macromedia Flash 8 to compile the source, may I suggest if possible to use Macromedia Flash MX 2004 (v. 7.2) to compile and see if you have the same results. MX 2004 (v. 7.2) is the current version we use in the dev team and most tested using this software, Flash 8 has been trialed but found to produce errors due to possible library differences.

Also something else to note is that line 28, the import line for the 'ui' package may be removed if it is causing this conflict as is not required in the class.

Using the older version of Flash IDE should resolve your problems, and yes as above make sure the classpath's are set correctly for both FLA files.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Mitchell

Posted by Mitchell Seaton

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lams_flash compiling problem
In response to 5 07/01/08 08:57 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
THANKS GUYS!! it works! thanks a lot

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum