Forum Problems Installing LAMS: LAMS Integration

You may request notification for LAMS Integration.
Search: 

1: LAMS Integration
09/03/08 07:56 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I have successfully integrated LAMS into my LMS.

Could you please advise me as to whether there are any API's that i can use from the LMS to ascertain the user status for a given sequence ie "In Progress" "Completed" etc,

also is is there an API to delete a sequence

Many Thanks

Gary Stone

Posted by gary stone

2: Re: LAMS Integration
In response to 1 09/03/08 05:29 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Gary,

The interfaces you'd be interested in are in the LessonManager servlets. There's the soap one (deprecated), and another that returns XML. Currently the best way to see what they provide is to look at the source files in lams_central/src/java/org/lamsfoundation/lams/webservice/LearningManagerSoapBindingImpl.java and lams_central/src/java/org/lamsfoundation/lams/webservice/xml/LearningManagerServlet.java

There's no 'delete sequence' method - this can be done when you open LAMS author. But there is a 'delete lesson' method, although we haven't used it so far I think.

In the xml/LessonManagerServlet there are two methods for getting the progress of an individual and a whole class.

Hope this helps,

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: LAMS Integration
In response to 1 09/03/08 05:45 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Gary,

You can call the LessonManagerServlet to do this.

There is a sub-heading called "Get user progress for a lesson" on this wiki page:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/LAMS+and+3rd+Party+App+Integration+Mechanism

This outlines what you need to do to get this information and how the xml response is formed.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions.

Luke Foxton

Posted by Luke Foxton

5: Re: Re: LAMS Integration
In response to 3 09/05/08 05:51 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Luke,

many thanks worked a treat, just an observation it would be really good from an integration point of view to be able to get the start and completion dates as well

Gary

Posted by gary stone

4: Re: LAMS Integration
In response to 1 09/03/08 05:51 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Gary,

Any chance we can add your LMS information as part of the list of current integrations?

Would you be able to send us a few screenshots and also a brief description of the LMS and details so we can add it to the Wiki?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

6: Re: Re: LAMS Integration
In response to 4 09/05/08 05:55 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
HI Ernie,

As soon as i have completed the user documentation for the implementation I will send it to you. Who should I send it to ?

Kind Regards

Gary

Posted by gary stone

7: Re: Re: Re: LAMS Integration
In response to 6 09/05/08 06:38 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Gary,

Just send it to me when you have a chance. Also, I'm not so sure if you have seen the new work on Tool Adapters yet, but in case you are interested, you could also add your LMS tools into LAMS now (well, as from 2.2 onwards :-)

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS