Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: problem with tool builder plugin and share resources

You may request notification for problem with tool builder plugin and share resources.
Search: 

1: problem with tool builder plugin and share resources
09/15/08 03:21 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi, im trying to develope a new tool for lams, using the tool builder plugin for eclipse. First i used the notebook tool and it worked just fine, the new tool (just a copy of the old one) worked ok. But now ive realized that the share resources tool fits my objectives much better, so i did the same thing, creating a new tool based on the share resources, but it doesnt work!...it deploys ok, as far as i know...but when i create a new lesson in the author environment, and try to upload a single file, the add single file button at the bottom of the page doesnt work..it just does nothing!
Any thoughts?

Daniel Romero

Posted by Daniel Romero

Attachments:
2: Re: problem with tool builder plugin and share resources
In response to 1 09/16/08 05:56 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hey Daniel,

I was able to reproduce the problem myself, the source is a javascript problem. there is a file called rsrctestitem.js in web/includes/javascript that should be renamed to match what what you called your new tool. For instance if you named your new tool "spreadsheet" it should be renamed to spreadsheettestitem.js.

Thanks for pointing this out, take note though that the toolbuilder is a renaming tool designed to give developers a start at developing new tools, it may not have full functionality in all of its areas.

Luke Foxton

Posted by Luke Foxton

3: Re: problem with tool builder plugin and share resources
In response to 1 10/23/08 01:57 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Well, i finally got it to work...the thing is, there wasnt a file called rsrctestitem.js...there was a file called rsrcspreadsheetitem.js, though...i renamed it to spreadsheetspreadsheetitem.js and it worked ok...
I dont know why it wasnt the same for me...maybe the lams version? im working on ver 2.1

thanks for your help...

Posted by Daniel Romero

4: Re: problem with tool builder plugin and share resources
In response to 1 10/23/08 05:52 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thats good to hear Daniel,

by the way, take note of the new posting made by Marcin that outlines some small changes to tool's build scripts that may affect your tool's functionaility...

http://lamscommunity.org/dotlrn/clubs/technicalcommunity/forums/message-view?message_id=678646

Posted by Luke Foxton

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum