Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Seeting up the development environment: Compiling error

You may request notification for Seeting up the development environment: Compiling error.
Search: 

1: Seeting up the development environment: Compiling error
09/19/08 06:41 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello everyone,

I am interested in impleting a new tool in LAMS. So I have acquired the software especified at this link:
http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Development+Environment
, and set up the environment as indicated.

My second step was importing from my Eclipse the projects listed at this link
http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Building+LAMS
and here it is my problem: all projects present the same error:

"The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.apache.log4j.Logger. Fix the build path then try building this project"

I am not able to find this file "org.apache.log4j.Logger" required in the build path. I have found a file "org.apache.log4j_1.2.13.v200706111418.jar" within Eclipse plugins, but with this variable in the build path the code neither compiles.

My environment is set like I mentioned before. The only difference is that my ANT is version 1.7.1. My operating systems in Windows XP Professional.

Please accept my apologies if my question is too basic. Any suggestions?

Many Thanks

Alicia.

Posted by Alicia Campos

2: Re: Seeting up the development environment: Compiling error
In response to 1 09/22/08 03:46 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello,

org.apache.log4j.Logger is actually a class in log4j.jar (not the file's exact name). It's one of the libraries used by lams - and needs to be added, along with the other libraries in lams_build/lib, to your build path. In your Eclipse build path window/dialog, there should be a button/s to import the libraries listed in the file lams_build/3rdParty.userlibraries to the build path. That should fix this error, I think. Sorry about the vague directions, I don't have a copy of Eclipse on me at the moment and can't remember the exact sequence of clicks/dialogs.

Thanks,

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Re: Seeting up the development environment: Compiling error
In response to 2 09/22/08 05:32 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Many thanks for your explanation Jun-Dir. I found all libraries required at lams_build/lib. Ready to go on :)

Thanks again.

Posted by Alicia Campos

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum