Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Building LAMS using Eclipse problems

You may request notification for Building LAMS using Eclipse problems.
Search: 

1: Building LAMS using Eclipse problems
10/14/08 11:53 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi all,

I tried to build LAMS in Elipse following the steps in http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Building+LAMS.

There are five components to be built in lams_build project:

"rebuild-db"
"assemble-ear"
"deploy-ear"
"deploy-tools"
and "copyfiles"

It is success when I built rebuild-db. I got errors when did assemble-ear. The building process stops in the way to the end. The messages I got from console like:

Buildfile: D:\eclipse-jee-ganymede-SR1-win32\eclipse\workspace\lams_build\build.xml
init:
clean:
build-subprojects:
preparedirs:
clean:
compile:

compile.java:
[javac] Compiling 46 source files to D:\eclipse-jee-ganymede-SR1-win32\eclipse\workspace\lams_learning\build\classes\java
[javac] D:\eclipse-jee-ganymede-SR1-win32\eclipse\workspace\lams_learning\src\java\org\lamsfoundation\lams\learning\export\service\IExportPortfolioService.java:43: warning: unmappable character for encoding UTF8

I'm appreciated if anyone can point out what causes the problems.

Posted by samantha liu

2: Re: Building LAMS using Eclipse problems
In response to 1 10/15/08 12:39 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Does the ant target finish with the text 'BUILD SUCCESSFUL' or 'BUILD FAILED'? The bit you pasted is a warning, not an error, and shouldn't stop compilation...

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Building LAMS using Eclipse problems
In response to 1 10/15/08 06:58 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
There was no saying of 'build succussful' or 'build failed'. However, actually, the temination button was deactivated. so I guessed the build teminated but gave no results.

Posted by samantha liu

4: Re: Re: Building LAMS using Eclipse problems
In response to 3 10/16/08 05:18 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
If there are no errors in the console output, and the ant target doesn't complete, it might be a problem with your eclipse/ant setup and not lams itself. Have you checked the eclipse logs? (this blog entry tells how to open error log view in eclipse, http://andyjarrett.co.uk/andy/blog/index.cfm/2007/6/19/Eclipse-error-logs)

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum