Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Hi Jennie here and I am having a problem ...

You may request notification for Hi Jennie here and I am having a problem ... .
Search: 

1: Hi Jennie here and I am having a problem ...
01/06/09 02:47 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello, I realize that none of this is suppose to be happening and that somehow its something that I am doing incorrect on my end concerning installing LAMS; nevertheless I am having problems ..

I have the four applications installed:

mysql
wildfire server 2.6.2
the java jdk-6u11-windows plugin / sun download manager
LAMS 2.2

=========

I also have the lamstwo (mod) and lamstwo.php (lang) on my moodle root directory in the places that the installation instructions relate they should be placed ..

============

however, in the fist case of the 4 installed applications when I try to login to LAMS I am not able to enter and that is after having mysql and wildfire server on first - now I can not say that I have either of those two apps configured properly (that could be the case) .. and I set up a course on my moodle as the animation describes .. but ..

Where will I find proper documentation on configuring them?

When I do try to login to LAMS 2.2 and I attempt to get help from the email or name association I am told that LAMS is not set up for email or the other system feature that will relay the proper email or system admin name .. it does not work ... so its not configured properly somewhere ...

Help - I am this close and I want to get this to working .. Thanks for listening and I do hope that I gave enough info into my situation and that there is a simple answer to my problem ...

Thanks for letting me in ... don't let me miss it by that much ...

Jennie
jennie@getsmartmoodle.org

Posted by virginia lawrence

2: Re: Hi Jennie here and I am having a problem ...
In response to 1 01/06/09 04:54 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

This wiki page contains the steps for installing and configuring a Moodle+LAMS integration:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lamsdocs/Moodle

It assumes the lams and moodle servers are already working independently.

If LAMS hasn't been configured to use a mail server, then functions like the 'forgot password' link won't function and you may get an error about email not being configured.

Hope this helps,

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum