Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Problems with ToolBuilder and LAMS 2.3.1

You may request notification for Problems with ToolBuilder and LAMS 2.3.1.
Search: 

1: Problems with ToolBuilder and LAMS 2.3.1
07/07/09 10:32 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello LAMS team,

Could someone confirm for me the status of the LAMS ToolBuilder plugin with LAMS 2.3.1?

I have failed to clone any of the tools with the ToolBuilder plugin. Cloning the noticeboard or Forum tool manages to build and deploy. However, opening the tool from the Authoring interface produces a bean error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'lams_tool_glenn1Service' is defined.

I am continuing to look into this, but if anyone can shed any light on this, it would be much appreciated :-).

cheers,
glenn.

Posted by Glenn Moloney

2: Re: Problems with ToolBuilder and LAMS 2.3.1
In response to 1 07/07/09 01:15 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
OK - found the cause of this problem. The default beanRefContext.xml in lams_common only load bean definitions from tools defined in the org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool* domains. I was using a different domain for my toy tools. I just had to add a new line to match the domain of my tools.

Could this be added to the documentation for the ToolBuilder?

After resolving the bean issue, there is still a problem with an exception while getting the content for the cloned tool (ContentId = ?).

This is resolved by changing my organisation name to "lamsfoundation" - AND I have a working cloned tool :-).

I guess there are some remaining assumptions about the organisation name.

I will investigate and follow up with all the places I can find where assumptions are made about the "lamsfoundation" domain.

cheers,
glenn.

PS. Thanks for a great learning tool.

Posted by Glenn Moloney

3: Re: Re: Problems with ToolBuilder and LAMS 2.3.1
In response to 2 07/07/09 06:20 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Glen!

Looks like you found the found the source of the problem... Thanks. The ToolBuilder was done almost two years ago now and unfortunately it appears to be out-of-date. Since 2.3 and our performance improvements, the tool's hibernate objects have been referenced in the central BeanRefContext under the org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool* path, so changing that path kills them.

This will be added to the documentation.

Many thanks for notcing this problem,

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

4: Re: Re: Re: Problems with ToolBuilder and LAMS 2.3.1
In response to 3 07/07/09 06:31 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Also,

You may notice in commonContext.xml there is a reference to the hibernate files for all the tools. Like so:

<value>classpath*:org/lamsfoundation/lams/tool/**/**/*.hbm.xml</value>

You will need to add another line here like this one changing "lamsfoundation" to your vendor name.

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum