Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: LAms customization

You may request notification for LAms customization.
Search: 

1: LAms customization
10/19/09 10:32 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
i want to remove all ldap options from lams admin options and the link for users change password so that my lams administrator don't feel confuse when he tries to go to admin settings...

the link for change password is another thing that i want to remove.. because student's shouldn't be allowed to change password..

for ldap configurations from what i have seen i should find some sort of xml and remove the modules that settings will show...

again any help or direction would be great .. thanks
marco

Posted by Marco Ramos

2: Re: LAms customization
In response to 1 10/19/09 11:57 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Marco,

> i want to remove all ldap options from lams admin options

I don't know if this is really possible. You can try removing these LDAP entries from the lams_configuration table directly on the database... like:

mysql> delete from lams_configuration where header_name like "config.header.ldap%";

That'll make all the ldap entries to go away from the configuration page. But I'm not 100% sure that this might cause some other problems. It shouldn't unless you use LDAP, but again, you might want to try this first.

> the link for users change password

Hmmmm... I think this is possible though but not easily. Here's something you can do:

Go to your jboss-directory/server/default/deploy/lams.ear/lams-central.war directory, and edit the profile.jsp file.

Comment out (or delete) the following lines of code:

<li class="no-list-type"><a
                                href="index.do?state=active&tab=password"><fmt:message
                                key="title.password.change.screen" /></a></li>

That should get rid of the link for users to change their passwords.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: LAms customization
In response to 1 10/19/09 01:41 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
thanks ernie..

i removed the link from lams_central/web/profile.jsp
where the change password was being made... they still can edit the password but they have to know the url :)

i'm will try that remove from lams_configuration all the ldap stuff..

thanksk again...

Posted by Marco Ramos

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum