Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Tool adapters question

You may request notification for Tool adapters question.
Search: 

1: Tool adapters question
10/24/09 04:55 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello

I am interested in combining Moodle and Lams tools using tool adapters.Searching the forum I found this guide by Jun-Dir Liew

http://lamscommunity.org/dotlrn/clubs/technicalcommunity/forums/message-view?message_id=770107.

I want to ask what is the current situation with LAMS 2.3 and Moodle 1.9.6. Have anyone tried to combine these versions or I have to use Moodle 1.9.3?

Since I have to build the source. Do you consider better to use LAMS 2.4 source in order to have the advantages of Jboss 5?

Thanks in advance

Haris Siempos

Posted by Haris Siempos

2: Re: Tool adapters question
In response to 1 10/26/09 07:34 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Haris,

The tool adapters require changes to Moodle and of course new tool adapters in the LAMS side. As Moodle keeps updating new versions, the modifications that we do have to be re-applied into a newer Moodle version. So it's rather tedious.

However, we've been working with a company here in Sydney that has been looking at the Moodle modifications to use the Moodle tools within LAMS so they can be applied a bit easier in the future. I believe Jun-Dir has tested those but until we test this thoroughly I wouldn't say it's ready though.

LAMS 2.4 is not going to be release until next year. We are releasing a LAMS 2.3.3 version in the next few weeks that fixes a whole bunch of bugs (including some Moodle integration issues). So I would stick to 2.3.x for production.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Tool adapters question
In response to 1 10/26/09 10:13 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
As Ernie mentioned currently we're helping test some changes which will hopefully remove the need for a specific version of Moodle 1.9.x (or at least improve the chances of working with any 1.9.x version). But at the moment, the code in CVS is stuck to 1.9.3.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

4: Re: Re: Tool adapters question
In response to 3 11/09/09 11:29 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Without much testing: I upgraded Moodle to 1.9.6 recently and the LAMS 2.2 interface still seems to work. Did not try LAMS 2.3x (will wait for the upcoming release)

Posted by Daniel Schneider

5: Re: Re: Re: Tool adapters question
In response to 4 11/09/09 05:59 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The standard integration will work fine, yes, but the 'extended' tool adapter integration (Moodle activities appearing in the LAMS toolkit, dragging them into a LAMS sequence) probably won't.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum