Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Moodle intergration: database configuration

You may request notification for Moodle intergration: database configuration.
Search: 

1: Moodle intergration: database configuration
11/16/05 03:12 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
We are setting up a LAMS Moodle site for a high school, and I'm having trouble understanding the integration instructions found here: http://lamsfoundation.org/integration/lamsintegration/

The page has instructions on executing a SQL statement which calls for a column:

* userinfo_url – this is where LAMS fetch user data for dynamic user provisioning

what is the userinfo_url for Moodle? I've been unable to find any information on this column on the website or forum. What should the value for this column be?

Regards,
Nathan Sain

Posted by Nathan Sain

2: Re: Moodle intergration: database configuration
In response to 1 11/16/05 04:37 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Nathan,

Yesterday I posted this message on how the integration works. Hopefully you can find it useful to understand how the implementation works overall.

Regarding the userinfo_url column, this is the URL that LAMS will call when a user requesting a sequence in LAMS does *not* exist in LAMS. Because LAMS has to create a user on the fly, it needs a URL from where it can get basic user info to create a user in LAMS (username, first name, last name, email).

So for Moodle the userinfo_url, your entry should look like this:

http://your-moodle-server.com/moodle/mod/lams/userinfo.php?un=%username%&ts=%timestamp%&hs=%hash%

So when LAMS calls for information for a user, it passes the Moodle username (that gets from Moodle with the request to access a sequence), date and a hash (that is used to ensure that the request is coming for a legitimate source). The request is picked up by the moodle lams module (moodle/mod/lams) which then validates the hash and passes the basic user info back to LAMS on a string. I'm pretty sure we encrypt this string, but I can recall for sure.

I hope this helps. Let me know otherwise.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum