Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Lams- moodle integration - problem in Greek language

You may request notification for Lams- moodle integration - problem in Greek language.
Search: 

1: Lams- moodle integration - problem in Greek language
03/16/10 02:02 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello,
I've installed Lams 2.3.4 in ubuntu server. Greek characters are showed OK. But in moodle environment, in moodle-lams integration, lams activities in monititoring environment are showing like ????
How can i fix this problem?

Posted by Giorgos Paschalis

Attachments:
2: Additional information Lams- moodle integration - problem in Greek language
In response to 1 03/17/10 09:38 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The problems is existing with old users who wrote their names in Greek. For new user, who register now in moodle, everything is OK.
Does anybody Knows how to solve this problem?

Posted by Giorgos Paschalis

3: Re: Additional information Lams- moodle integration - problem in Greek language
In response to 2 03/17/10 04:53 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Maybe the old users started using LAMS when there was a problem with creating their usernames in the right character set? And that's why newer users are ok?

Unfortunately the Moodle integration only does a user-info callback on the first request, so their user attributes (including first/last name) won't update on the fly.

Users can update their name in LAMS themselves though; once they open a lesson (i.e. initiate single sign-on), if they go to the LAMS home page, they can click on 'my profile' and edit their details. This should make their name appear correctly.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum