Forum Problems Installing LAMS: not able to save my sequences

You may request notification for not able to save my sequences.
Search: 

1: not able to save my sequences
06/22/10 05:12 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

i am not able to save my sequences under my group.

I am getting " sorry you dont have permission to write this resources " error message received.

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Following are my clarifications,

1.I have provided access to one user to be author , the will save their sequences only to their name only. they are not able to save in my groups.
2. I dont want author to be a monitor. so monitor should add the lesson who have created the lessons in author. both author and monitor will be in the same. how do i make it easy so the author should only create lessons. the monitor would give the access to all the users.
3. will author who created lesson, can export the lessons and same will be retrieved via another author with access to monitor role will be imported and provide access ?

Thanks
Gopinath.M

Posted by gopinath mohanraj

2: Re: not able to save my sequences
In response to 1 06/30/10 12:34 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> 1.I have provided access to one user to be author , the will save their sequences only to their name only. they are not able to save in my groups.

When you add a user as an Author of a course, this user in Author, when clicking on My Groups, should be able to see a folder with the name of the course.

Are you saying you are unable to save a sequence into the Coursename folder under My Groups?

You can't save anything in the My Groups folder, only in the subfolders under it.

> 3. will author who created lesson, can export the lessons and same will be retrieved via another author with access to monitor role will be imported and
> provide access ?

No, monitors cannot import sequences. Only authors.

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS