Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Problem with functionality of sending email notifications to tutors and students

Search: 

2: Re: Problem with functionality of sending email notifications to tutors and students
In response to 1 06/01/11 07:26 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hola Freddy,

If you set up the internal SMTP to be "true" then you need to make sure that the IP you are using for your server has a DNS MX record pointing to it.

We use Aspirin, which is a java implementation of SMTP.

However in order to avoid spammers to fill all our mailboxes with junk mail, Aspirin requires that the IP of the machine you want to send messages from has an DNS MX record.

So if you want to use the internal SMTP server, you must have this.

If you want to use an external SMTP server, just set this to "false" and configure the rest of the fields appropriately.

Thanks,
Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Problem with functionality of sending email notifications to tutors and students
In response to 2 06/02/11 10:47 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie, thanks for your reply.

I tried with External SMTP Server and I filled the fields:
use Internal SMTP: False
E-mail Administrator Lams: patito@yahoo.es
Password server SMTP: pwdPatito
Server SMTP: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
User server SMTP: patito.

But It does not work sending notifications, I don't know if is necesary any other configuration

Thsnks,

Freddy

Posted by Freddy Rodriguez

4: Re: Re: Re: Problem with functionality of sending email notifications to tutors and students
In response to 3 06/02/11 06:16 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Freddy,

I don't think Yahoo allows you to send messages on its behalf. You would need to provide your own server or the SMTP server from your ISP.

Yahoo, Google, etc are trying to crack down on spammers quite a lot so that's why the set these limitations.

Thanks,

Ernie

5: Re: Re: Problem with functionality of sending email notifications to tutors and students
In response to 2 07/12/11 07:59 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi everyone,

I have the same issue that Frredy describes with LAMS notifications, I have configured with those parameters pointing to a previously tested mail server (imap and smtp) but still no messages are going out for notifications.

Is there any other suggestion/trick to apply ?

Is this feature working in your environments ?

We tested under windows and CentOs and it didnĀ“t work ..

Regards,

Pedro Rozo

Posted by pedro rozo

6: Re: Re: Re: Problem with functionality of sending email notifications to tutors and students
In response to 5 07/12/11 11:55 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Pedro,

Check out the lams.log file under jboss-4.0.2/server/default/log folder to see if there's error message regarding the emails that aren't being sent.

Post the log here if you need assistance

Thanks,

Ernie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum