Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Lams Moodle Installation Problem

You may request notification for Lams Moodle Installation Problem.
Search: 

1: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
01/12/06 09:30 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi all,

I have Lams and Moodle installed succesfully on separate servers. In moodle when I go to add a LAMS activity it comes up with the first screen but there is no words in the drop down for workspace (ie public private).

It would not let me create a new sequence until I removed the prefix for users in the LAMS database.

After I create an exercise and save it (it gives me option of public, private etc) and go back to the moodle activity even after I update sequences there is still none available.

Also how do I transfer the teacher users from the moodle installation to the LAMS installation so that they communicate properly?

Posted by Kate Allan

2: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 01/12/06 10:15 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello,

Could you post LAMS' server.log? It's in \path to lams\jboss\server\default\log\server.log. And if possible, the output of 'select * from ext_server_org_map;' from mysql.

> Also how do I transfer the teacher users from the moodle installation to the LAMS installation so that they communicate properly?

There's no need to do this, the integration module creates a Moodle user's LAMS equivalent on the fly, the first time they use it. Their usernames are the same, except that on the LAMS side they are given a prefix.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 01/15/06 02:50 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I have tried to post the server log - however it is too big and won't post. Is there someway I can add an attachment to the post?

Cheers

Posted by Kate Allan

4: Re: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 3 01/15/06 02:57 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Kate,

You can zip it and add it as an post attachment. See the little "Attach?" label below the textarea where you type a posting.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

5: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 01/15/06 04:51 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Here is the result of the sql query:

mysql> select * from ext_server_org_map;
+-----+--------------+------------+----------------------+----------------------
--------------------------+--------+--------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------+----------------+----------+
-------+
| sid | serverid | serverkey | servername | serverdesc
| prefix | userinfo_url
| timeout_url | disabled |
orgid |
+-----+--------------+------------+----------------------+----------------------
--------------------------+--------+--------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------+----------------+----------+
-------+
| 1 | serverid | serverkey | ServerName | Lams Server installed| | http://www.cashmere.moodle.ac.nz/mod/lams/u
serinfo.php?un=%username%&ts=%timestamp%&hs=%hash% | www.google.com | 0 |
1020 |
-------+

Posted by Kate Allan

Attachments:
6: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 01/16/06 05:25 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hmm, the LAMS side looks good - can you check your configuration for LAMS within Moodle? Especially the serverid and serverkey values - from your mysql output, these should be 'serverid' and 'serverkey' respectively. If these aren't the same as the values stored in ext_server_org_map, then LAMS will refuse to talk to Moodle.

If that doesn't work out, could you post your LAMS localhost_access logs? - they're in the same directory as the server.log.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

7: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 01/16/06 05:27 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Also check that you've created your organisation for Moodle inside LAMS admin - steps 1 - 5 http://lamsfoundation.org/integration/lamsintegration/

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

8: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 01/16/06 05:38 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

I have completed the steps to create the organisation.
I rechecked the server key and id and they are correct also.

I have attached the other requested log file.

Thanks for your assistance.

Posted by Kate Allan

Attachments:
9: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 01/16/06 10:46 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
LAMS should have received a request to send a list of sequences via a wsdl call, but never received any such request.

What version of PHP are you using? Does your Moodle machine have a firewall that may be blocking PHP from making outgoing calls? Maybe Apache's error_log will tell us something...

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

10: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 01/17/06 08:48 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Jun,

My query is not directly related to the issue at hand.

I want your advise as to what is the best way to configure the tow application. (LAMS & MOODLE) with the end user in mind.
Should you install them on the same server or could these be two different instance on separate serevrs.

If you are calling up the activities within the Moodle installation will there be any performance issues.

Just want to know your views on what will be the ideal way to go about if performance is the top criteria.

Garry

Posted by Bhupinder Singh

11: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 01/18/06 08:32 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Php version is 4.3.7

There is no firewall running on the moodle install server.

Do you think removing and reinstalling would be a good idea? If so what steps should I take to do it.

Many thanks
Kate

Posted by Kate Allan

13: Re: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 11 01/22/06 04:56 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I'm new to PHP, but I have managed to get LAMS/Moodle working fine on OS X 10.4 with PHP version:

$ php -version
PHP 4.3.11 (cli) (built: Dec 9 2005 11:10:27)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

It's also known that if PHP 5 is built with webservices support, the LAMS-Moodle module might not work. There's a little fiddling you need to do with the lib.php file (I think it's just a matter of commenting a line). This has been discussed in the Moodle Forums.

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

12: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 01/18/06 11:22 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Garry - for performance, pretty much having LAMS on one dedicated machine and moodle on another would probably be best. Although I think you'd have to have a lot of users where that would have an effect.

Kate, the LAMS module for moodle was developed on PHP 5.0.5, maybe try updating your PHP to a more recent version? Reinstalling would involve simply deleting the module in Moodle admin, and going over the install process again (it's mostly manual anyway).

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

14: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 03/01/06 11:15 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

My LAMS and Moodle Applications are working fine.
When I try to connect to LAMS from Moodle I get a

Page cannot be displayed return.

The URL that displays/ it call for is as under
http://localhost:8020:/lams/LoginRequest?uid=admin&method=author&ts=March+02%2C2006+10%3A28+am&sid=lamsserver01&hash=1090402abc42b92ed8f64a63c755ecad7c44974e&course_id=4:

The Addons ontopLAMS module and there recall through a query reveals the following:

"mysql> use lamsone;
Database changed
mysql> select * from ext_server_org_map;
+-----+--------------+---------------+------------+-----------------------------
----+--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------+-------------+----------+-------+
| prefix | userinfo_url
| timeout_url | disabled | orgid |
+-----+--------------+---------------+------------+-----------------------------
----+--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
| 1 | lamsserver01 | secretkey2006 | LMS Server | Server using LMS. Conatct Ad
min | AE | http://localhost/lms/mod/lams/userinfo.php?un=%username%&ts=%time
stamp%&hs=%hash% | | 0 | 1020 |
-----------------+-------------+----------+-------+"

I am new and shall appreciate if the problem debugging help is given. I am unable to figure what is going wrong.

Thanks In Advance.

Garry

15: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 03/02/06 04:54 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> The URL that displays/ it call for is as under
http://localhost:8020:/lams/

Assuming it's not a typo in your post, the extra ':' after the 8020 explains the 'page not found' error.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

16: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 03/02/06 08:39 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Jun,

Thanks for the Help.
Even after the amendments I am getting an HTTP 500 ERROR:
THIS IS COMING BOTH WHEN I TRY TO LOG INTO CREATING AN ACTIVITY FROM WITHIN MOODLE AND WHEN I TRY TO LOG INTO LAMS INDEPENDENTLY.

The output from within MOODLE shows the following:

"HTTP Status 500 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: 1
at org.lamsfoundation.ld.security.web.LoginRequestServlet.doGet(LoginRequestServlet.java:167)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.jboss.web.catalina.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm.invoke(JBossSecurityMgrRealm.java:227)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:494)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:246)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
at org.lamsfoundation.ld.security.valve.LoginRequestValve.invoke(LoginRequestValve.java:79)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:509)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:594)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:392)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

root cause

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at com.webmcq.ld.ws.UserManagementServiceDelegate.getUserDataFromExtServer(UserManagementServiceDelegate.java:375)
at com.webmcq.ld.ws.UserManagementServiceDelegate.getUserDataAndCreateUser(UserManagementServiceDelegate.java:297)
at org.lamsfoundation.ld.security.web.LoginRequestServlet.doGet(LoginRequestServlet.java:165)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.jboss.web.catalina.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm.invoke(JBossSecurityMgrRealm.java:227)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:494)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:246)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
at org.lamsfoundation.ld.security.valve.LoginRequestValve.invoke(LoginRequestValve.java:79)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:392)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/4.1.24-LE-jdk14"

THIS ERROR COMES WHEN I CALL UP FOR lams FROM WITHIN MOODLE.

THE LAMS MODULE ALSO ON TRYING TO LOGIN GIVES THE FOLLWOING:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: null; CausedByException is:
null; CausedByException is:
null; nested exception is:
java.lang.NullPointerException; - nested throwable: (java.lang.NullPointerException)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:551)

root cause

javax.ejb.EJBException: null; CausedByException is:
null; CausedByException is:
java.lang.NullPointerException; - nested throwable: (java.lang.NullPointerException)
at com.webmcq.ld.service.UserServiceDelegate.find(UserServiceDelegate.java:66)
at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:148)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:210)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:551)
org.jboss.tm.JBossTransactionRolledbackException: null; CausedByException is:
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.handleException(LogInterceptor.java:276)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:212)
at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:313)
at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:738)
at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:517)
at org.jboss.invocation.local.LocalInvoker.invoke(LocalInvoker.java:99)
at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:102)
at org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:77)
at org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:80)
at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.StatelessSessionInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInterceptor.java:111)
at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:76)
at $Proxy168.getUser(Unknown Source)
at com.webmcq.ld.service.UserServiceDelegate.find(UserServiceDelegate.java:60)
at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:148)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:210)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.createBeanClassInstance(JDBCStoreManager.java:513)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CMPPersistenceManager.createBeanClassInstance(CMPPersistenceManager.java:165)
at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.createBeanClassInstance(EntityContainer.java:293)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractInstancePool.get(AbstractInstancePool.java:184)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntityInstanceInterceptor.invokeHome(EntityInstanceInterceptor.java:79)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntityLockInterceptor.invokeHome(EntityLockInterceptor.java:79)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntityCreationInterceptor.invokeHome(EntityCreationInterceptor.java:44)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:111)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:237)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invokeHome(TxInterceptorCMT.java:68)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invokeHome(SecurityInterceptor.java:105)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invokeHome(LogInterceptor.java:133)
at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.invokeHome(EntityContainer.java:487)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalContainerInvoker.invokeHome(BaseLocalContainerInvoker.java:230)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.LocalHomeProxy.invoke(LocalHomeProxy.java:110)
at $Proxy103.findByLogin(Unknown Source)
at com.webmcq.ld.usermanagement.UserManagementServiceBean.getShwaaUserLocal(UserManagementServiceBean.java:228)
at com.webmcq.ld.usermanagement.UserManagementServiceBean.getUser(UserManagementServiceBean.java:103)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:660)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:186)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:77)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:107)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:237)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:98)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:130)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:208)
... 57 more

i am not able to figure out why the application that was working fine alone should give this on trying the integration.

your help is solicited in debugging and helping in figuring out where I am going wrong.

GARRY

Attachments:
17: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 03/05/06 07:12 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The second error (when logging in directly to LAMS) looks like MySQL has been shutdown after LAMS has started - can you check this?

The first error (accessing a LAMS page from Moodle) seems to be saying that LAMS is having trouble with the callback URL back to Moodle. Firstly, check that the callback URL in your ext_server_org_map is correct; also look in your moodle access log, to see if this callback URL has been accessed, and what it returned. If it does appear in the access log, try entering it manually into your browser, and see what moodle returns.

Let us know how it goes and we can move on from there.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

18: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 03/06/06 10:08 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
THanks for the reply Jun,

I have checked out as suggested by you.
The URL tha shows up when trying to access LAMS from moodle is as under:

http://localhost:8020/lams/LoginRequest?uid=admin&method=author&ts=March+07%2C2006+9%3A21+am&sid=lamsserver01&hash=eb26e55ac3aeb329ccaa24e7e6d416e68eacbfb9&course_id=4

The apache access log in moodle shows the following entries when I try t ocall up LAMS from within moodle:

127.0.0.1 - - [07/Mar/2006:08:57:17 +0530] "GET /lms/mod/lams/userinfo.php?un=admin&ts=1141702036812&hs=a8efb1731b1b646cd607a8e153bdec839f74a3bb HTTP/1.1" 200 63
127.0.0.1 - - [07/Mar/2006:08:57:17 +0530] "GET /lms/mod/lams/userinfo.php?un=admin&ts=1141702036812&hs=a8efb1731b1b646cd607a8e153bdec839f74a3bb HTTP/1.1" 200 63

The Table entry in ext_server_org_map is as under:

+-----+--------------+---------------+------------+--------------------------+-------------+----------+-------+
| prefix | userinfo_url
| timeout_url | disabled | orgid |
+-----+--------------+---------------+------------+---------

| 1 | lamsserver01 | secretkey2006 | LMS Server | Server using LMS. Contact Ad
min | AE | http://localhost/lms/mod/lams/userinfo.php?un=%username%&ts=%time
stamp%&hs=%hash% | | 0 | 1020 |

This appears to be correct to me may be I am overlooking something?

THE URL FROM WITHIN MOODLE WHEN I TRY TO GIVE CREATE NEW SEQUENCE CALL IS AS UNDER:

http://localhost:8020/lams/LoginRequest?uid=admin&method=author&ts=March+07%2C2006+9%3A35+am&sid=lamsserver01&hash=089d1bb6d3ced1c0d5a00c4bcc9b7bc613ec6da4&course_id=4

I am still unable to figure out what I am doing wrong?:(

Look for your help.

Garry

19: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 03/07/06 12:09 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
It seems that Moodle is successfully sending your Moodle user's details - check this by entering this url into your browser... it should display a line containing your username (admin), first name, last name, and email.

http://localhost/lms/mod/lams/userinfo.php?un=admin&ts=1141702036812&hs=a8efb1731b1b646cd607a8e153bdec839f74a3bb

LAMS however is not receiving these details for some reason (shown in the HTTP 500 error above). I think we should first try to answer the question of why LAMS is returning a 500 when logging in directly - this might help with the integration error.

Did you manage to login to LAMS directly? Or do you still get a 500? See my initial comment in my last post, about checking whether MySQL is running. MySQL should be started before LAMS. Make sure both are shutdown, then start up MySQL, then LAMS.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

20: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 03/08/06 04:00 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Jun,

Thanks for your reply.

The MySql server is on before starting the LAMS.

Independently LAMS starts up. However the speed / time taken appears to be a little slow(subjective feeling).

The error apparently was on account of ???.

I have tried this login a number of times and direct login is possible.

On entering the URL:

http://localhost/lms/mod/lams/userinfo.php?un=admin&ts=1141702036812&hs=a8efb1731b1b646cd607a8e153bdec839f74a3bb

I get the following return

admin,Bhupinder,Singh,,,,,,,,garry_bs@yahoo.co.uk

Is there anything that I can check and return for you to analyze the probelm???

Garry

21: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 03/09/06 12:02 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> admin,Bhupinder,Singh,,,,,,,,garry_bs@yahoo.co.uk

This line shows that the lams module is working. This is what LAMS should receive, but from the 500 error above, it isn't. Do you still get the same 500 error when you try to access LAMS from Moodle? The one that says 'ArrayIndexOutOfBounds' error in the middle.

Have you tried resetting the LAMS module to use a different LAMS server? Or, if possible, another Moodle server to use that LAMS server?

Could you post which versions of the following you used when this error occurs (and anything else you think might be useful)? I'll see if we can try to reproduce this weird error.

On the LAMS side;
LAMS build number
server OS
Java version
MySQL version

On the Moodle side;
Moodle version
Apache version
PHP version

Thanks,

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

22: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 03/10/06 06:47 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Have you tried resetting the LAMS module to use a different LAMS server? Or, if possible, another Moodle server to use that LAMS server?

I could not understand this point if you could elblorate I could try out and give a feed back.

VERSION DETAILS:
On the LAMS side;
LAMS build number: 1.02
server OS : Windows 2000 SP 4
Java version J2sdk 1.4.2_10
MySQL version: 4.0.15

On the Moodle side;
Moodle version: 1.5.3 + CVS DOWNLOAD
Apache version: 1.3.27
PHP version 2.5.3
MySql: 4.0.15

The patches which integrate moodle and Lams are the ones on the site could there be a possibility of some problem here??(just loud thinking)?

Could there be any user recognition conflict in LAMS when it receives a call from within MOODLE??. Any way to check this??

The Lams in stand alone mode is functioning well.

Await your suggestions.

Garry

23: Re: Lams Moodle Installation Problem
In response to 1 03/12/06 10:56 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> I could not understand this point if you could elblorate I could try out and give a feed back.

Sorry, what I meant was, if possible you could setup another LAMS instance to integrate with Moodle, configure the Moodle module to use that LAMS instance, and test to see if that works. If it does, then you know it is something wrong with your current LAMS setup.

> The patches which integrate moodle and Lams are the ones on the site could there be a possibility of some problem here??(just loud thinking)?

I don't think so, there haven't been any other reports of the problem you're having with it.

> Could there be any user recognition conflict in LAMS when it receives a call from within MOODLE??. Any way to check this??

Not really, but you can check this by simply logging in as another Moodle user and seeing if you get the same error.

Just to confirm again, the error you get when accessing LAMS from Moodle contains this error:

root cause

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at com.webmcq.ld.ws.UserManagementServiceDelegate.getUserDataFromExtServer(UserManagementServiceDelegate.java:375)
at com.webmcq.ld.ws.UserManagementServiceDelegate.getUserDataAndCreateUser(UserManagementServiceDelegate.java:297)

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS