Forum Problems Installing LAMS: lessonLAMS Server unresponsive

You may request notification for lessonLAMS Server unresponsive.
Search: 

1: lessonLAMS Server unresponsive
12/05/12 09:27 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

I`m an educational researcher (unfortunately without a background in computer science or programming) currently experimenting with lessonlams as a plattform for studying collaborative learning.

I ran a lesson with just 12 students yesterday (Dec 5, 4-6 pm CET). My students got logged out, nearly simultaneously, about every 30 minutes (I am sorry I don't have the exact timestamps). Is there something like a time-out after x minutes in lessonlams (I could not find this anywhere in the documentation), or was the server just very busy (maybe due to the conference?). By "they got logged out", I mean that students could not go on to the next activity, but a log-in screen appeared. (Incidentally?) this always happened during Chat & Scribe activities. After log-in, the lesson ran from the activitiy the students had been on, and all chat messages that had already been posted had been preserved. Still, we lost lots of time and therefore data.

What can I do something to minimize the chance that this happens again?

Thank you, Anne

Posted by Anne Deiglmayr

2: Re: lessonLAMS Server unresponsive
In response to 1 12/06/12 02:25 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Anne,

Thanks for your message.

I was not aware of any problems with lessonlams.com yesterday. Nevertheless, I'll have a look and have run some tests with Chat&Scribe to see if I can replicate the problem and get back to you.

No, there's no timeouts after X number of minutes or anything like this.

Thanks

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS