Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Moodle 1.6 and LAMS 2.0 integration

You may request notification for Moodle 1.6 and LAMS 2.0 integration.
Search: 

1: Moodle 1.6 and LAMS 2.0 integration
08/20/06 05:51 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
My institute currently support and provide Blackboard. I have used LAMS 1.0 in an individual capacity and as a stand-alone. I have been asked to lead a project looking at the logistics, processes, etc. of providing Moodle as an Open source alternative should the need arise.

As part of this I am 'simulating' the move with a small group of lecturers. A Moodle 1.6 server will be built and in February the pilot courses will run on it.

I would like to integrate LAMS with the Moodle server. Would you advise sticking with V1.0 and planning for this?

Regards

Paul

Posted by Paul Carden

2: Re: Moodle 1.6 and LAMS 2.0 integration
In response to 1 08/20/06 09:06 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Paul,

Depends on your timeline. LAMS v2.0 has some significant advantages over 1.0.x so if you can wait a few months, I would suggest wait for the LAMS v2.0 integration.

We are starting working on the integration between LAMSv2.0 and Moodle 1.6 now (see https://bugs.lamsfoundation.org/browse/LDEV-434) and if we don't encounter many hurdles, it should be pretty straight forward as we have the experience of doing this with LAMS 1.0.x.

As soon as we have this running, we'll announce it and get people to beta test this.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum