Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: More Problems deploying lams_tool_example

Search: 

12: Re: More Problems deploying lams_tool_example
In response to 11 08/30/06 08:18 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I seem to have lost part of my previous post while editing. Ken asked:

>What is a good way to deal with CVS and these configuration files? Should I edit them each time I grab some new source code version?

I've yet to find a really good way. Ernie's way works really well until we go and change one of the configuration files and then you will be back to your original problem - you will miss out on the update.

Are you working within Eclipse? If so then this is what I do.

Doing "Team, Synchronise with Repository" for the lams_build directory. This will show you if there have been updates to the configuration files. lams.jar is updated regularly but the other files aren't updated very often. If you get a little
red arrow on a file, then you know you have a conflict i.e. there is an update to a a file you have changed. Then you update the file and then check
it to make sure your entries are okay.

For the other projects, its fine to do just do Team, Update as you aren't changing any files in the other projects, so you aren't likely to get any conflicts.

I'll have a think about adding a "custom tool" properties file which might save you some fiddling. But I'll have to think exactly how I can do it and if it would really make it any easier. Which entries have you changed in the properties file?

Regards,

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

13: Re: Re: More Problems deploying lams_tool_example
In response to 12 09/01/06 03:40 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Regarding which configuration files I changed:

shared.properties -- to list my tool

windows.properties -- to say where JBOSS is

build.xml -- to add my tool (though as you suggested I could use deploy-tool directly in its folder)

C:\lams\lams_build\conf\windows\lams\lams.xml -- again to say where JBOSS is

I have JBOSS in c:\program files\ (rather than d:\ in the originals) which may be a better default but maybe that would cause too much trouble.

Posted by Ken Kahn

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum