Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: More Problems deploying lams_tool_example

Search: 

15: Re: Re: More Problems deploying lams_tool_example
In response to 14 09/01/06 06:13 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ken,

I'm not sure why you aren't getting through on the email address. I've had a quick look at the script and the foriegn key definitions are the problem. The horrible FKA75538F9785A173A names must be conflicting with the existing tables.

Attached is a modified script. All I've done is remove the FKA75538F9785A173A entries in the foriegn key definitions - our sql generator puts them in but I'm not sure if they are really needed. I'm to tired to start reading MySQL manuals right now but the script at least runs and your tool deploys.

I'm attaching the updated script.

But there is another error. When I start up the server:

21:56:11,722 ERROR [ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'submitFilesServiceTarget' defined in class path resource [org/lamsfoundation/lams/tool/sbmt/submitFilesApplicationContext.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is PropertyAccessExceptionsException (2 errors)
PropertyAccessExceptionsException (2 errors)
org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.behaviourComposer.dao.hibernate.SubmissionDetailsDAO] to required type [org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.sbmt.dao.ISubmissionDetailsDAO] for property 'submissionDetailsDAO'
at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.doTypeConversionIfNecessary(BeanWrapperImpl.java:951)

For some reason the submit tool configuration is picking up your class over its own class, but I'm not sure why we are getting a clash now when we haven't got a clash in the past. The quick and dirty fix is just to not deploy the submitFiles project at the moment.

I can't think of an easy way around this right now except go into the main build.xml in lams_build and go to deploy-tools comment out the entry for the submit tool. Then do a complete build (sorry!). Hopefully then your tool will deploy okay and LAMS should start up.

Right now, its 10pm at night on a day that I've taken an awful lot of headache tablets and my husband is nagging me to stop working so I hope you will forgive me if I leave it at that.

Regards,

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

16: Re: Re: Re: More Problems deploying lams_tool_example
In response to 15 09/01/06 06:15 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Might help if I attached the attachment!

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Attachments:
17: Re: Re: Re: More Problems deploying lams_tool_example
In response to 15 09/06/06 06:12 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi. Thanks for all your help with this. (I just returned from a conference and plan to work on this every day until I get it working.)

Your script did indeed fix the problem I reported.

Regarding the new problem recall that I created my tool using RenameTool on the submit file tool. So the conflict isn't too mysterious. I figured there was a conflict with the submit file tool's SubmissionDetails so I added these lines to the RenameTool's config file:

Rename SubmissionDetails BCSubmissionDetails
Rename submissionDetails bCSubmissionDetails

But now I get the error:

13:04:20,363 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'learnerDAO' defined in class path resource [org/lamsfoundation/lams/tool/behaviourComposer/behaviourComposerApplicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'behaviourComposerSessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'behaviourComposerSessionFactory' defined in class path resource [org/lamsfoundation/lams/tool/behaviourComposer/behaviourComposerApplicationContext.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.PropertyNotFoundException: Could not find a getter for bCSubmissionDetails in class org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.behaviourComposer.Learner
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'behaviourComposerSessionFactory' defined in class path resource [org/lamsfoundation/lams/tool/behaviourComposer/behaviourComposerApplicationContext.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.PropertyNotFoundException: Could not find a getter for bCSubmissionDetails in class org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.behaviourComposer.Learner
org.hibernate.PropertyNotFoundException: Could not find a getter for bCSubmissionDetails in class org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.behaviourComposer.Learner

In the meanwhile I'll try your suggestion to just remove the submit tool for the time being and go back to the version of my tool before the renaming of the SubmissionDetails.

Thanks again.

Best,

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

18: Re: Re: Re: Re: More Problems deploying lams_tool_example
In response to 17 09/07/06 12:03 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ken,

I think you need to make change bCSubmissionDetails to bcSubmissionDetails. I tried changing the classes manually (ie I didn't run the RenameTool) and it seemed to work if I was using bcSubmissionDetails (and hence the getters become getBcSubmissionDetails(), the setters setBcSubmissionDetails()).

Ugly but it seems to work. I'm going to try to sort out your other issues and then I'll email you a zip file with my version of your code.

Regards,

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum