Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Do I need 'Administrator' mode to do this?

You may request notification for Do I need 'Administrator' mode to do this?.
Search: 

1: Do I need 'Administrator' mode to do this?
By: k rice
09/12/06 03:42 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi there, another quick question please - I have a demo account of LAMS at the moment and I was wondering if I could simulate the environment I was intending to set up in LAMS. I noticed that the demo has Author, Monitor, and learner mode - there's no Administrator mode. I was wondering if the lack of Administrator mode would stop me from trying out what I had planned to do with LAMS; I want to set up two distinct groups, each with10 people. I wanted to have each group work on creating written material over a 6 - 7 month period and be able to look in on the progress of each person as they work. Can I try out this model in the demo or do I need to install LAMS on my own server?
I assume that installing LAMS will give the Administrator option which I'm assuming is needed to set up the two groups of 10 people.

Cheers

Posted by k rice

2: Re: Do I need 'Administrator' mode to do this?
In response to 1 09/12/06 05:45 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The demo server (lamsdemo.melcoe.mq.edu.au) only allows you to sign up to 4 other people to your class. Demo server accounts also expire after 1 month (extendible to 2 months), but we can extend that at your request.

Setting up your own server will give you more flexibility to set up whatever class size you want, but you may have to fiddle a bit to get accounts and organisations set up and so on.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Do I need 'Administrator' mode to do this?
In response to 1 09/12/06 06:10 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
You might also want to contact the LI fellows as they provide LAMS services and probably will be able to help... that's if you don't want to set up your own server and the rest

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum