Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: roadmap for LAMS and Blackboard 7.x inter-op?

Search: 

2: Re: roadmap for LAMS and Blackboard 7.x inter-op?
In response to 1 02/19/07 05:42 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/LAMS+and+3rd+Party+App+Integration+Mechanism

I have found this which, when gathering up the background info, looks promising as far as single sign on, etc.

I'm not sure how Blackboards Gradebook can be dragged into this (but that's just me trying to double-guess what might be needed)

but getting back to my previous post, the next area we're interested in for integration is grouping (assigning in Blackboard - exporting to LAMS).

Are there API's available to externally do what Monitor can - assign which student in what sequence goes in which group?
Perhaps a rough idea of what might be involved, as a starter?

I fully realise that BB7 is only one of many LMS to consider and that's why I'm interested in just some idea (roadmap) of where the LAMS team would like to go.

We're working on improving what BB7 gives (or rather, doesn't give) with grouping (inc self-join, etc) to try and reclaim features we had in our previous LMS. Bringing LAMS into the equation is something we can plan for.

many thanx
b

Posted by barry beattie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum