Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Help needed with LAMS and semantics. All input welcome

Search: 

3: Re: Re: Help needed with LAMS and semantics. All input welcome
In response to 2 03/05/07 06:11 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Kris,

Thanks for the comments on this.

So here's another question then, shall the "Finish" button that makes you jump to the next activity be different ( by different glowing colour or some other mean) than the normal "Continue" button?

And while we are at it, would this visual representation of the 'Finish' button will be enough for people to realize when they are about finish and activity and continue with the next?

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

4: Re: Re: Re: Help needed with LAMS and semantics. All input welcome
In response to 3 03/05/07 06:25 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Everyone,

My particular learners have an issue with "Finish" in LAMS as they are used to coming from within a Moodle course - where nothing is sequenced and everything is a single activity. Like Kris my learners are mostly FE and not very technical minded so all technology is difficult for them. Putting "finish" at the end of a LAMS activity gives them the idea that it is only one activity and they will finish and go back to the Moodle screen. I guess 'next' or 'continue' would be good - I'm not too fussed. I also agree with Kris that once they have done a few sequences they get used to LAMS and quite like it. I have to deal with a lot of learners in a purely distance mode though, so would like things as intuitive as possible. I'm not sure if a different colour would work - I like the graphic design of LAMS 2.0 - but open to suggestions.

On this note - is anyone else using an integrated Moodle/LAMS server? My learners find the Moodle place page for a LAMS sequence very confusing - they say 'unintuitive'. They are basically dealing with two different forms of navigation.

Cheers
Karen

Posted by Karen Baskett

5: Re: Re: Re: Help needed with LAMS and semantics. All input welcome
In response to 3 03/07/07 05:15 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Question 1:
Possibly yes. However, I'd be interested to see what others think on this subject before I go ruining the navigation of LAMS forever! ;)

Question 2:
Perhaps a change of text on the button might be better, e.g. 'Finish Activity'. Once the students are familiar with the concept of different LAMS pages being 'activities' then perhaps it might be a little more intuitive.

That's my two pennies.

Kris

Posted by Kristian Besley

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum