Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Suggestion for new tools

Search: 

2: Re: Suggestion for new tools
In response to 1 03/16/07 04:22 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Greg

Thank you for sharing these sites. These intel tools are excellent. I needed a ranking tool only last week and ended up using the LAMS Voting tool and had to be satisfied with the items being ranked by votes from the whole class, but I really wanted it done individually as a discussion starter. The “Visual Ranking Tool” would have achieved exactly what I wanted.

Like you, I can see the similarities of the intel interface used in all three of these tools and the LAMS authoring environment - so surely it couldn’t be too difficult for the LAMS team to provide this for our students. I really have no idea how difficult it would be but I really want it now :-).

And imagine if you could then look at the students’ contributions in Monitor – as a group! I think it would look a bit like another one of my favourite tools (which I have already shown someone from the LAMS team) – Group Scribbles http://groupscribbles.sri.com/screenshots/index.html Have a look at the visual representation of fractions. What an effective assessment tool. Quick and easy and my students so often prefer to draw than do a test or write an answer (and this is so much easier to “mark”).

With graphics tablets becoming so reasonably priced now, I really think there is a big future in drawing. Although I am amazed how many people are surprised I say that. LAMS V3.0 perhaps?

And while we are talking suggestions for new tools, my other request is mind-mapping which I’m told is not as hard as drawing to produce in LAMS (although I think it is still hard :-( See: http://www.inspiration.com/productinfo/inspiration/index.cfm

Has anyone seen anything else out there worth mentioning? Now that LAMS V2.01 is out, we don’t want the designers getting bored :-)

Regards, Leanne Cameron

Posted by Leanne Cameron

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum