Forum Problems Installing LAMS: when i install lams2.02 on linux,Cannot write on the specified log file.

You may request notification for when i install lams2.02 on linux,Cannot write on the specified log file..
Search: 

1: when i install lams2.02 on linux,Cannot write on the specified log file.
05/21/07 10:04 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
hi ,when i install lams2.02 on linux,i found something is wrong .but i cannot solve this problem,can you help me?

[root@localhost lams]# ./install-lams.sh
JDK_DIR is valid
Found mysql executable
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.37, for pc-linux-gnu (i686) using EditLine wrapper
Mysql executable valid.
JBoss Directory Found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME to the LAMS unix Installer!

Please ensure you have read and accepted the licence agreement before continuing

Make sure you have correctly configured the lams.properties file to your
preferred settings.

You should read the installation guide before continuing.

JAVA_HOME = /usr/local/java/jdk1.5.0_11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAMS requires about 117MB of space, do you wish to continue? (y)es, (n)o: y

Do you wish to install LAMS as a Java Service Wrapper? (y)es, (n)o, (q)uit: n

Creating LAMS database with the following parameters...
Database name: lams
Database user: lams
Database password: lams
Cannot write on the specified log file. Make sure the path exists and you have write permissions.
Installation Failed. Error during ant tasks, check log/filter-config.log for details and check your lams.properties for mistakes.

Posted by ablet wayit

Attachments:
2: Re: when i install lams2.02 on linux,Cannot write on the specified log file.
In response to 1 05/21/07 04:22 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ablet,

> Installation Failed. Error during ant tasks, check log/filter-config.log for details and check your
> lams.properties for mistakes.

Can you also attached the log/filter-config.log file as well. That log file should let us know why ant is failing.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: when i install lams2.02 on linux,Cannot write on the specified log file
In response to 2 05/21/07 06:33 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ablet,

If you can't find the log/filter-config.log file, could you check the directory permissions of the log directory. The log directory should be in the same directory as the install-lams.sh file.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS