Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Problem with Moodle Users on a Lams202 Activity

You may request notification for Problem with Moodle Users on a Lams202 Activity.
Search: 

1: Problem with Moodle Users on a Lams202 Activity
06/03/07 02:56 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I have integrated Moodle18 with Lams202 and works fine.

I have 2 problems with Moodle Users on a Lams202 Activity.

When i create a Lams2 activity from my moodle site,
the lams activity does not contain the students of the moodle course.

The second problem is, how can i delete a folder in the sequence tree, when i create a lams2 activity from moodle(i have a folder with non readable chars and i want to delete it- see attachment).

I would very gratefull if someone could help me.

Thanks

Dionisis Zafeiropoulos

Posted by Dionisis Zafeiropoulos

Attachments:
2: Re: Problem with Moodle Users on a Lams202 Activity
In response to 1 06/04/07 07:17 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Dionisis,

I think this problem has already been fixed in the latest LAMS Moodle module as I have try this with the a username with Greek characters and it seems that it works (see attached pictures).

Using the LAMS-Moodle demo server (http://moodle.lamscommunity.org), I created a user called Εργαλείο Δραστηριοτήτων (sorry, just got this from the internationalization site). Then when adding a LAMS lesson to a Moodle course, I can see the name of my user properly in the drop down menu (see attached pictures)

If you want to try it, go to the LAMS-Moodle demo server and login as username: greek password: greek.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Attachments:
3: Re: Problem with Moodle Users on a Lams202 Activity
In response to 1 06/04/07 07:22 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Dionisis,

Looking at the bug fixes we just did for LAMS 2.0.3, I came across this fix. So this should be fixed once you upgrade to version 2.0.3.

It might be, however, that if the folder name doesn't get fixed once you upgrade to 2.0.3, that we need to change the folder name manually in the database (as this was created in an earlier version). If that's the case, please let me know and we can think of a script to fix this.

Thanks,

Ernie

4: Re: Problem with Moodle Users on a Lams202 Activity
In response to 1 06/13/07 09:29 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
High Ernie
thanks thanks for the quick responce and sorry for the delay to replay.I copied the 2 files of the bugfix in my lamstwo folder and the problem is remaining. Youre right, the names of the unreadable folders comes from the names of users of our first moodle site(1.7)which had problem with greek characters. If you can delete them(or rename) directly from the server it would be good.

Dionisis

5: Re: Problem with Moodle Users on a Lams202 Activity
In response to 1 06/14/07 05:40 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Dear Ernie,
continuing yesterday 's post i am attaching a screen from Lams Monitor (opened through Moodle) where a user is dispalyed with no readable characters. The non readable fields are the first and the last name of a user who is displayed normally in moodle db(Mysql with Utf-8 encoding).We use LDAP authentication in Moodle and the profile of the user comes from LDAP, contains greek characters in many fields which are displayed in moodle with no problem. I send the srceen beacuse i think it may be the same problem with greek folders in sequence tree. Lams2 db is Mysq5 with utf8_general_ci encoding.

Thanks again
Dionisis

Attachments:
6: Re: Re: Problem with Moodle Users on a Lams202 Activity
In response to 5 06/14/07 05:41 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The rigth attachment!!!

Attachments:
7: Re: Re: Problem with Moodle Users on a Lams202 Activity
In response to 5 06/14/07 11:06 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Dionisis,

In your previous messages you mentioned that you are using LAMS2.0.2. Have you upgraded to LAMS 2.0.3? I think that will solve this problem as shown in this bug report.

Thanks,

Ernie

8: Re: Problem with Moodle Users on a Lams202 Activity
In response to 1 06/25/07 05:10 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie I have run the upgrater and i have 203. The problem is remainining and after bug fix execution.Dont waste more time with this, we can discuss all these here in Greece on Thursday& Friday. Have a nice trip.

Dionisis

9: Re: Re: Problem with Moodle Users on a Lams202 Activity
In response to 8 06/25/07 09:49 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Dionisis,

Sounds like a better plan :-)

See you soon.

Ernie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS