Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Re: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP

Search: 

9: Re: Re: Cannot Access Lams 2.0.3 on Windows XP
In response to 7 07/10/07 08:08 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Well, the short answer is we obviously don't have enough checks in the installer to detect this particular issue.

We have had a lot of difficulty doing database updates with the installer software that we use to write the Windows installers. Without going into detail, things you think should work just don't work. So we find it hard to read back the results of what we do and check it for errors.

So we have tried to second guess what can go wrong, and check for it manually. I thought we had a check that checked the database load had run at least somewhat okay, so we will look at that for the next version.

Once we know how to reproduce the problem, I'll raise a problem report for it and we'll see if we can build another check into the installer. I still don't know how this is happening. If I try running the installer and shut down MySQL before the installer actually does the installing (but after the configuration), then I do get an error message when it tries to create the database. If the root password for the database is wrong, that gives an error. I've tried making my firewall very restrictive and still it installed okay. So I can't reproduce it.

Can you check the firewall as Jun-Dir suggested? Then next time you run the installer make sure you click the show details button and get the install log from the installing screen. The bit with the db load should have something like:

Extract: dump.sql... 100%
C:\Program Files\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql -e "CREATE DATABASE lams2 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8" -u root
C:\Program Files\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO lams2@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'lamsdemo'" -u root
C:\Program Files\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql -e "REVOKE PROCESS,SUPER ON *.* from lams2@localhost" -u root
C:\Program Files\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqladmin flush-privileges -u root
Output folder: c:\temp
C:\lams\apache-ant-1.6.5\bin\ant.bat import-db
DB import status: 0
DB import output: Buildfile: build.xml

import-db:
[sql] Executing file: C:\temp\dump.sql
[sql] Executing file: C:\lams\update_lams_configuration.sql
[sql] 933 of 933 SQL statements executed successfully

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 6 seconds

Fiona