Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Deleting sequences from run sequences directory

Search: 

2: Re: Deleting sequences from run sequences directory
In response to 1 07/24/08 05:49 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Glen,

The sequences that are stored in the "Run sequences" directory under a course directory are actually the sequences that you ran with your students for that course.

These are the *real* runtime lessons so they can't be deleted.

The reason we put them there is that if you for instance decided to change the content of one or more activities while the sequence was running or used the Live-Edit function from Monitor to alter your design, then you have a copy of that sequence (which you can open from Authoring and continue working on it).

Any particular reason you want to get rid of them from this folder?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Deleting sequences from run sequences directory
In response to 2 07/24/08 06:41 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie
As Glen mentioned, the sequences were saved, accidentally to the run DIR from the authoring interface by an author within our trial we are conducting.
The reason i'd like these deleted is to start with a fresh dir , and show teachers the appropriate way to add a sequence and therefore monitor sequences and so on.

Is it possible to delete via the DB?

Cheers Robin

Posted by Robin Ohia

4: Re: Re: Re: Deleting sequences from run sequences directory
In response to 3 07/24/08 11:32 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Robin,

I'm sure there's a way to do this in the db. Let me have a look and we'll let you know shortly.

Ernie

5: Re: Re: Re: Deleting sequences from run sequences directory
In response to 3 07/28/08 07:34 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Robin,

Sorry for the delay... Fiona had sent me some info on this and I was waiting for trying it myself before I post it here.

Ok to do this in the DB directly (and I must say, please be really careful and be certain that the things you are about to change are correct before you do this and also make a database backup before you do this just in case) by doing the following:

Go into mysql command line (or your favorite mysql browser) and run:

to get the folder ID for the user you want to:

select workspace_folder_id, name, user_id from lams_workspace_folder;

This will list the name of the users and their workspace_folder_ids. Pick the workspace_folder_id for the user you want to move the design to his/her folder.

Then find the name of the design you want to move by running this:

select learning_design_id, workspace_folder_id, title, user_id from lams_learning_design;

Once you identify the design, change its workspace_folder_id by running:

(once again, make sure you double check all the ids before you do this)

update lams_learning_design set workspace_folder_id = (here goes the number for the user's workspace_folder_id) where learning_design_id = (where goes the number for the learning_design_id that is in the wrong workspace folder);

Now, re open the authoring environment and the learning design now should be able to be deleted from the user's workspace folder!

Thanks,

Ernie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum