Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Advice on how to communicate with an external tool

Search: 

10: Re: Re: Advice on how to communicate with an external tool
In response to 9 12/09/08 06:24 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The method you mention for Shared Resources Tool is in it's service class org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.rsrc.service.IResourceService and its implementation in org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.rsrc.service.ResourceServiceImpl. If you were using our ToolBuilder, the name "Resource" most probably has been changed to something else (for example "Skype", if your tool is named so). Still, this method should be available even in version 2.1 - I've checked.

You may also get Tool Content ID when a lesson is created. The original Learning Design is copied and tools get new ID.
You can observe it LamsCoreToolService where the method notifyToolToCopyContent() is called which then calls newInstance() method in Resource class (or any other tool's main class). You could get the Content ID then, but there is a catch: this method newInstance() is called in several other occasions like importing and exporting the tool. It might be tricky to detect which situation occurs at the particular moment. So I think it's better to extract this parameter when coping with LearningAction - it's always somewhere there (as a request parameter or in session map).

Good luck!

Posted by Marcin Cieslak

11: Re: Re: Re: Advice on how to communicate with an external tool
In response to 10 12/10/08 06:12 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
youre right, im sorry i dont know what happened...i think maybe when i did the search i had the shared resources project closed and didnt notice...thats embarrassing :S thanks a lot!

Posted by Daniel Romero

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum