Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Failure to install 2.2 on Windows XP

Search: 

3: Re: Failure to install 2.2 on Windows XP
In response to 1 01/21/09 02:44 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
This thread might prove informative:
http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13569

The error you get is most probably caused by unquoted path that contains word "and" as in "C:\Documents and Settings\rest of the path".

To be honest we never got this error before. Maybe you have JBoss (or at least its deployment directory) installed in your home (user) directory?

Cheers,
Marcin

Posted by Marcin Cieslak

5: Re: Re: Failure to install 2.2 on Windows XP
In response to 3 01/21/09 08:37 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi. Thanks.

That probably is the explanation. I first tried to install LAMS on c:\Program Files\LAMS and the installer said spaces weren't permitted so I used c:\LAMS.

Java is installed on Program Files. I don't think I gave any My Documents paths to the installer. So I'm not sure where the Documents and Settings came from.

Best,

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

6: Re: Re: Re: Failure to install 2.2 on Windows XP
In response to 5 01/21/09 09:22 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
It is a problem with environment variables that reference My Documents. I changed newant.bat to @echo on and found this:

C:\lams\apache-ant-1.6.5\bin>if "yes" == "no" goto runAntNoClasspath
and was unexpected at this time.

C:\lams\apache-ant-1.6.5\bin>if not ".;"C:\Documents and Settings\Ken Kahn\My Documents\eclipse\MoPiX2\src\com.kisgergely.gwt.canvas.jar";c:\program files\junit-4.4.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\lib\ext\QTJava.zip"=="" goto runAntWithClasspath

C:\lams\apache-ant-1.6.5\bin>

Posted by Ken Kahn

11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Failure to install 2.2 on Windows XP
In response to 6 02/01/09 03:19 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The installation problems on my first computer were due to the value of CLASSPATH that included a quoted file from My Documents. That is where the "and" error message originated. After editing CLASSPATH it installed fine. Working fine now on computer #1. Will look into computer #2 soon (service not created problem).

Thanks for everyone's help.

Posted by Ken Kahn

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS