Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Re: Users unable to see lams interface

Search: 

3: Re: Re: Users unable to see lams interface
In response to 2 05/17/09 03:47 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Colin,

Is your server URL http://localhost? If so, that URL can only be reached from the computer/server that is hosting LAMS... all the other computers won't be able to access the LAMS server.

If you change the server URL (see syadmin menu -> configuration settings) to a IP or a domain, other computers within your network should be able to access it.

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

4: Re: Re: Re: Users unable to see lams interface
In response to 3 05/17/09 07:35 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I changed the server from web2:8080 to 10.21.92.29:8080 the pc's ip address, there has been no change excpet now when I access lams on the server it also goes blank. (localhost)

I have checked the intergation into moodle and that does not respond after I chick on validate. Nothing

Posted by colin stead

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Users unable to see lams interface
In response to 4 05/19/09 05:49 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Colin,

The lams server url should be set in this format

http://[ip address]:[port]/lams/

where ip address is the ip or domain name of your server and the port is the port lams is running on (usually 8080).

Make sure that you have the "/" on the end of the server url otherwise you may get issues with lams.

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Users unable to see lams interface
In response to 4 05/20/09 02:25 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Not sure what your setup is like, but maybe I can provide a bit of background so you can troubleshoot.

The ServerURL you use for LAMS needs to be your public address for LAMS. Even though it may be integrated with Moodle, this only creates the link to LAMS - users will still be talking directly to the LAMS server.

So if you configure server_url in the lamstwo module configuration, the url should be the same as the value of ServerURL in LAMS as well as be accessible from whereever your users need to access it.

10.21.92.29 is an internal network address, if your users aren't also on this network (e.g. connecting from home without a VPN), then they won't be able to see LAMS on this server.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Users unable to see lams interface
In response to 6 06/01/09 07:23 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
it did work with previous versions of lams any ideas on how to solve the problem. We are running a windows network.

Posted by colin stead

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Users unable to see lams interface
In response to 6 06/24/09 07:56 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
all the user are on the same network. Even in the same range.

Posted by colin stead

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Users unable to see lams interface
In response to 8 06/25/09 01:25 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
If this is running on a windows network, perhaps the firewall for accessing LAMS on the port you have chosen is not open?

Can you ping from another machine to the server?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS