Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: LAMS Services and BPEL?

Search: 

3: Re: Re: LAMS Services and BPEL?
In response to 2 11/22/05 10:16 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Interesting.

Thanks for the detailed reply, James. The fact that corporate workflow engines aren't focused on collaborative processes may actually be an opening for LAMS. I could easily see it plugging into a portal and used to facilitate strategic planning activities, for example. I know some folks from my prior life as a corporate consultant who would probably be very interested in this sort of thing.

At any rate, taking a step back, the train of thought that led me to ask about BPEL is actually the role that it is beginning to take in ESB and JBI. We're starting to look at those technologies for orchestrating services, and I was wondering whether LAMS could be integrated into an ESB in a similar way and what the benefits of doing so would be--whether or not we could piggyback on BPEL directly.

Any thoughts?

Posted by Michael Feldstein

4: Re: Re: Re: LAMS Services and BPEL?
In response to 3 11/23/05 08:27 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ugh. That wasn't exactly what I had intended to say. I wanted to inquire about the cost/benefit for trying to implement LAMS as a "service orchestration layer" in JBI, similar to the way BPEL is being talked about.

Posted by Michael Feldstein

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS Services and BPEL?
In response to 4 11/27/05 06:52 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I think there is potential for this in LAMS V1.1 - it will depend on whether programmers find the new LAMS tools interface sufficiently flexible, together with the perceived richness of the sequencing engine.

I have high hopes for LAMS in the future as a generalised workflow tool - but our core focus will be educational workflows/lesson plans/LDs. We'll work mainly on this area, but if our work has wider, useful implications - great!

Posted by James Dalziel

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum