Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: I want to re-learn a course?

Search: 

2: Re: I want to re-learn a course?
In response to 1 08/22/10 08:08 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Unfortunately, there's no automatic way to reuse an existing course.

However, you can:

1) Create a new course (2 minutes)
2) Give the previous teacher in the old course teacher's rights for the new course (2 minutes)
3) Add all the new learners to the new course (depending on the number of students but you can use the spreadsheets and it will take a few seconds)
4) Let the teacher add all the new lessons using the existing sequences (again, depending on the number of lessons -but a minute per each).

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: I want to re-learn a course?
In response to 2 08/22/10 09:43 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I look at relationship between data tables in database;I try a way that I do a action that I remove those data from table of database in the lams .but I find the data table is too complex;for your developping lams system in your experience, do you can give me some advice??

thanks first..

Posted by anyu fu

4: Re: Re: Re: I want to re-learn a course?
In response to 3 08/22/10 10:00 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I would definitely suggest *not* to do changes on the database as LAMS uses application level cache. So if you change stuff on the DB, LAMS might not know out about it unless you specifically manually flush the cache (see the LAMS sysadmin section).

There are webservices you can use to create courses, create lessons and register users you can use... (see the integrations code) but then that might not be what you are after.

Thanks,

Ernie

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: I want to re-learn a course?
In response to 4 08/23/10 01:27 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I only delete the data that the learner completed a course in the DB, not to modify its structure, it may not associated with the cache?

Posted by anyu fu

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I want to re-learn a course?
In response to 5 08/23/10 05:27 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> I only delete the data that the learner completed a course in the DB, not to
> modify its structure, it may not associated with the cache

That info is not associate with the cache.

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum