Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Update on LAMS 2.3.5

You may request notification for Update on LAMS 2.3.5.
Search: 

1: Update on LAMS 2.3.5
12/05/10 10:44 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Everyone,

We've been testing LAMS 2.3.5 for a few weeks now and haven't been able to find any issues as yet, so we think that we are pretty much done with it.

There's only one remaining issue with the new e-adventure tool in LAMS servers that were running 2.3.4 before, but the e-adventure developer (Angel) is looking into this now.

So, what I'll do is upgrade our production server (http://demo.lamscommunity.org) to 2.3.5 and after that we'll be working on the installers and upgraders. It usually it just takes a few days to do this but this week we have the LAMS Conference in Sydney and things are pretty busy with that.

Also, at the conference we'll be presenting LessonLAMS, which is something that we've been working for a looong time.

LessonLAMS, is mainly a simplified, centrally hosted LAMS server. It's based on LAMS but it aim for people that want to use LAMS but don't have a server to run it on... also it makes managing your course and lessons really really easy. It includes the Activity planner too, which is also a plus.

We are still adding a whole bunch of features to LessonLAMS, so I think it's not final as yet, but it's ready to be used I think.

If you have any questions, please let me know

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

2: Re: Update on LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 1 12/08/10 08:37 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie
Would you tell me the different from 2.3.5 to before ?
I want to know what a new function or editing add in this upgrade.
Thank you Ernie

Posted by leo luo

3: Re: Re: Update on LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 2 12/08/10 09:13 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
HI Leo,

Here you have theLAMS 2.3.5 Release Notes that will tell you the main new features... lots of bugs fixes and a few new functionalities and features.

I'm working on installers and upgraders over next week hopefully they'll be ready then.

Our demo server is now running LAMS 2.3.5!

Thanks,

Ernie

4: Re: Re: Re: Update on LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 3 12/18/10 08:01 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Does LAMS 2.3.5 support the Moodle 2.0?

When I upgraded my moodle 1.9 to moodle 2.0, the LAMS didn't work.

Posted by Hongliang Ma

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Update on LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 4 12/18/10 08:14 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Hongliang,

In order to make the integration happening with Moodle 2, we need to re-write the LAMS-Moodle Module, which is the Moodle module that allows the integration with LAMS.

Most likely, LAMS does not need to be modified to work with Moodle2, but it's just the LAMS Moodle module that needs to be updated to Moodle 2.

Hope that clarifies this.

Thanks,

Ernie

6: Re: Update on LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 1 12/19/10 12:08 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update on where we are with 2.3.5...

It's done and has been finalised for a week and a half now. I'm just working on the installers at the moment and so far I have managed to complete the Windows and Mac installers... hopefully I can get the unix and debian installers in the next two days.

If you want to help testing the installers, please let me know...

After the installers are out, I'll work on the upgrader which are a bit of a nightmare, as I need to be really careful to just update the tools and modules that have been modified. This required quite a careful review. But hopefully I'll get this done before Dec 31st.

My apologies for the delay on this... Usually it was Jun-Dir and Luke who take care of this and I have seriously forgotten a lot about this since I did this back in LAMS 2.0!

Thanks,

Ernie

7: Re: Re: Update on LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 6 12/23/10 04:47 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Guys,

Just to let you know that we have discovered an issue with LAMS 2.3.5 and Java 1.5 on the assessment tool and this is holding the release now (http://bugs.lamsfoundation.org/browse/LDEV-2624). It shouldn't take long to fix this though.

I'll keep you informed.

Thanks,

Ernie

8: Re: Update on LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 1 02/17/11 05:34 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,
Is there update to version 2.3.5 for LAMS Ubuntu users?
I can't find it at http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Downloads.
Thanks,
George

Posted by Giorgos Paschalis

9: Re: Re: Update on LAMS 2.3.5
In response to 8 02/17/11 05:55 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Nope, not yet.

Thanks,

ernie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum