Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 2 integration update

Search: 

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 2 integration update
In response to 8 01/26/11 06:57 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Daniel,

> When you select a sequence, there might be some immediate feedback that not only shows the "Preview this lesson" button, but also makes explicit that
> *this* selection will be taken.

At the moment, when you are adding a new LAMS lesson to Moodle, whenever you click on a lesson, the lesson node (on the tree) gets marked, the name of the lesson gets automatically added as titled and the preview button gets displayed. Would that enforce the notion that a *this* sequence is selected?

I could also add an extra noticed on top to make sure that is is completely obvious but maybe is an overkill?

> Also I wonder what happens if you change a sequence. Is the old instance still available for recovery ?

On update, it does explicitly tell you that you are about to change the lesson. It tells you which one is current and gives you the warning:

If you do change it, then the a new lesson is created with the new selected sequence. Note that you can change the description or any other settings but if you don't change the sequence, then the lesson will remain the same.

Is this what you would expect?

> Get's even more complicated since one can actually load a run sequence for authoring (I image that all the user data get stripped away) .... anyhow I
> didn't take time to investigate this, but it's slightly confusing to me and probably a lot to some other people.

Yes, for run sequence the user data gets stripped out. The reason we keep these copies in the Run-sequences folder under the Course Folder is because you could change the design using Live Edit... this way you always keep a copy of all previously used designs. Even if you change the original design (in author), and they you go "how did I used to run this sequence last year?", you can go see it.

I hope this help.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 2 integration update
In response to 9 01/27/11 01:25 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
1. Quote: "name of the lesson gets automatically added as titled and the preview button gets displayed. Would that enforce the notion that a *this* sequence is selected?"

It probably does, but maybe you should make the input field pink :) I just believe that users need some strongly visible feedback that did not only select but that the selection will be taken, but then that kind of question only can be answered with some usability testing :)

2. when we change, the message should be stronger like: Everything that your students did will be dead, plain dead, uncoverably dead. The gonna not just be confused but angry too ;)

3. Oh right, I forgot about LiveEdit :)

Posted by Daniel Schneider

14: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 2 integration update
In response to 11 01/30/11 08:40 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> It probably does, but maybe you should make the input field pink :)

:-) No worries. I'll make it a bit more obvious shortly. It shouldn't be too hard.

2. when we change, the message should be stronger like: Everything that your students did will be dead, plain dead, uncoverably dead. The gonna not just be confused but angry too ;)

No worries, I'll re-word this too.

Thanks

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum