Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: export authoring design

Search: 

2: Re: export authoring design
In response to 1 02/21/11 05:08 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Angela,

When you export a design from LAMS, the zip file that you get contains all the content that is included in that design.

If you open the zip file you should be able to find the content you are looking for.

Now you mentio that you can't "open the files"... but what type of files are they?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: export authoring design
In response to 2 02/21/11 12:11 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The type of files is XML. I tried to open some of those but I see their code not their content. Is there a way to see from this zip file the sequence that I designed in LAMS?

Posted by angela mihailidou

4: Re: Re: Re: export authoring design
In response to 3 02/21/11 04:23 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
LAMS stores the data in .xml files.

So if you want to see the sequence information, look for the learning_design.xml file.

Then if you want the information that was added into the activities, look for the subdirectories, you will find that the data is contained for each activity (in a subdirectory) called tool.xml.

Uploaded files into any activity can be fine in the lams_ldcontent_XXYYYZZ.zip file (where XXYYZZ is a really long character string.

> Is there a way to see from this zip file the sequence that I designed in LAMS?

If your LAMS server is version 2.3.5, there's also a picture with the design layout included... see the learning_design.png file.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum