Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Sequence Home page & 3rd Level of Grouping users

Search: 

2: Re: Sequence Home page & 3rd Level of Grouping users
In response to 1 01/16/12 04:02 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Spyros,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I like the Sequence home idea. It will make LAMS look a bit more like an LMS though :-)

But I think we should at least explore it in 2.4+.

We must redesign the LAMS main page (the page you land after you login). Here's an idea that we have

It's still work in progress, but I think we should consider the sequence home page once we get to redesign this page too.

As for the 3rd level subgroup, I personally don't like it as it gets a bit too deep and increases the complexity of assigning roles and whose able to see what.

I don't think it will be a good idea to call a School as top level course though as we didn't design the permissions that way, for example, if a person has authoring rights for the School course that means that he/she will have authoring rights to *all* subgroups/departments/classes and that's not quite right.

Perhaps having one LAMS server for each school? There's ways to run several LAMS servers within the same JBoss server. That might be an option.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum